Lost wedding ring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahaley

Reaction score
If anyone lives in south Lake Tahoe ca, and happens to find a size 8 tungsten carbide ring in the bijou park on the southern edge of the golf course near hole 18(?) let me know. It's in the snow and you'll see where I've been digging for it lol.
Snowball fight w/ wife = missing ring.

at least it happened when you were with her...(ie: why are you taking your wedding ring off :) )

DoubleAught said:
at least it happened when you were with her...(ie: why are you taking your wedding ring off :) )

That's one way of looking at it I guess ha. I've been digging for hours, bought a metal detector hoping I could find it but the snow was giving off false tones?? Nearly got frost bite in my fingers and knees it was a rough few days lol. Oh well luckily my ring is cheap because people don't like tungsten, so it's only like 300$ but I'm hoping I can strike a deal with the jewelers.

I was able to find a tungsten carbide ring for about $100 online. Not sure about in a size 8 though and it didn't have the lifetime resizings. It was my original wedding band though.

Since then I've moved onto a tattoo because I was taking it off 3-4 times a week when working out or working on house projects.

The_Dog_42 said:
I was able to find a tungsten carbide ring for about $100 online. Not sure about in a size 8 though and it didn't have the lifetime resizings. It was my original wedding band though.

Since then I've moved onto a tattoo because I was taking it off 3-4 times a week when working out or working on house projects.

Ill have to check that out thanks for the heads up, and I can't really get a tattoo of it did to the army being the way they are.

I lost mine 3 months after getting married. I was responsible for the turkey on thanksgiving and I swear--- while working with the stuffing and carving the turkey... somehow it slipped off. I have no idea where it went to this day but suspect it was left in the turkey carcass somehow even though I searched the garbage. My wife was 'rootin-tooin' mad but we were young and I had a new one by Christmas (though smaller and cheaper). I am still wearing it now; it basically never comes off.

My brother in law bought a beautiful band and then he lost it within a year. He was at the shore, the water was a bit cold and the ring just dropped off his finger into the briny depths. He replaced his with a steel one.

So no worries, it happens! Life goes on with or without a metal band.

I haven't worn my wedding ring in years. I never got used to the feel of it and when it got all bent (cheap ring) and cracked, I had it fixed and it just got all bent again, so I just took it off. I think it hangs in my wife's jewelry case on a chain.

I got more attention from the ladies when I wore it than I ever did after taking it off. What is up with you ladies who like to hit on the married men??

Size 8 huh? I guess I'm not the only homebrewer with small fingers. :p

I got my titanium wedding band on sale for $50 (normally $150). I thought about tungsten because the don't scratch but I hate the weight of them...titanium does get marked up over time (like silver or gold would) but it's feather light and I can't see spending $300 on a wedding ring as an active man. My father lost 3 wedding bands in so far in his 35 years of marriage...it happens when you wear it most of the time and are active. After the second one he stopped buying gold, lol.

Homercidal said:
I haven't worn my wedding ring in years. I never got used to the feel of it and when it got all bent (cheap ring) and cracked, I had it fixed and it just got all bent again, so I just took it off. I think it hangs in my wife's jewelry case on a chain.

I got more attention from the ladies when I wore it than I ever did after taking it off. What is up with you ladies who like to hit on the married men??

Here here! My 6mo daughter also gets me attention from the ladies ;)

Yes we do call it "snowball fighting" haha.

And regarding my small fingers, I actually need a size 7.5 I got an 8 because I take it off when I work on my car and power tools.

I actually like the weight of the tungsten because then I know it's there and I like the polished metal color of it as well, I've never been much of a gold guy myself.

Check Amazon for Tungsten Wedding bands, mine was $29!

The Store Name on Amazon is Metal Masters Co.

I actually need a size 7.5 I got an 8 because I take it off when I work on my car and power tools.

When we went to purchase our bands the salesman said the one I was trying seemed just a tad too tight and he would stretch it up a half size. I promptly lost twenty pounds, these days down almost thirty from my original "ring" weight, and the thing will slide off my finger if I'm washing my hands, waving hard, standing motionless. It's way too loose. I need to get another one, but after ten years of dealing with the issue, I guess I'm just used to it.

Bob lost his wedding ring when we were only married about 6 months. We were taking our recycling and throwing it in the bins, and about two hours later he noticed it missing. So, I tease him all the time that he threw his ring away!

My dad gifted us with his wedding ring. My mom died in 1979, and my dad wore his ring for several years after she died but then he put it away. He gave it to me to give to Bob, and Bob had this one sized a bit smaller so it couldn't fall off, and he's been wearing it for the last 10 years.

MyNameIsPaul said:
Check Amazon for Tungsten Wedding bands, mine was $29!

The Store Name on Amazon is Metal Masters Co.

Awesome! Ill look it up when I get home!

Yooper said:
Bob lost his wedding ring when we were only married about 6 months. We were taking our recycling and throwing it in the bins, and about two hours later he noticed it missing. So, I tease him all the time that he threw his ring away!

My dad gifted us with his wedding ring. My mom died in 1979, and my dad wore his ring for several years after she died but then he put it away. He gave it to me to give to Bob, and Bob had this one sized a bit smaller so it couldn't fall off, and he's been wearing it for the last 10 years.

I practically threw mine away also lol one day someone will find it after the snow melts.. Lol

I lost my wedding ring the morning after I got married. I was taking bags out to the car for an early flight. It was still dark and a shopping bag handle caught the ring and flung it off my finger into the gravel parking lot. I heard it land but never saw it since there were no lights in the lot. I backed up the car, turned the high beams on and found it after about 5 minutes. I had never worn a ring before so it wasn't the right size. Ended up getting a different ring anyway and storing the old one.

All of the stories are making me feel better knowing I'm not the only person too lol

FrFtr28 said:
Also try looking on eBay. That is where my wife found my tungsten ring for ~$30.

I will try that, I didn't realize they were so cheap! Thanks everyone :)

Got my new ring from amazon for 17$ after tax and shipping! Lol

Latest posts

Back