Gas burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diablo

Reaction score
I made my first batch over the weekend and had difficulty keeping the large pot boiling vigorously while uncovered. Once I took the cover off it would simmer but not really boil. I was thinking of buying a an outdoor gas ring. Does anyone know what output I should go for ? The largest one I can see has output of 8.8kw.

The burner was rated in KWs? Usually they're rated in BTUs. Where are you? If you're in the US, buy a cheap turkey fryer. If overseas, I'm not sure us yanks can help much.

The burner was rated in KWs? Usually they're rated in BTUs. Where are you? If you're in the US, buy a cheap turkey fryer. If overseas, I'm not sure us yanks can help much.

I'm in Ireland and I've no idea what a turkey fryer is :)

I found a formula online to convert BTU to Watts. Looks like 8.8kw is 30,000 BTU.

You aren't the only one from Ireland in these forums. Make a post in the Introductions forum, set your location and ask what others in your area are doing for a burner.

I'm in the same boat, my elec stovetop just couldn't hack it and the wife didn't like the brew odor so I moved outside with a gas(propane) burner.

Oh yeah, welcome to HBT! :mug:

Back