Joe Louis Ale (Black American IPA)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I met the "Brown Bomber" many years ago and as long as it had American made Vienna malt in it he probably would have enjoyed it.. LOL

A true gentle, gentleman.

bosco

Why would you link it through facebook? Some people don't do facebook.

Because that's were I posted the pictures on line for the West O`ahu Brewers Club. That's how we communicate w/each other. Will try again perhaps right here.

Because that's were I posted the pictures on line for the West O`ahu Brewers Club. That's how we communicate w/each other. Will try again perhaps right here.

I'm guessing you are friends with the members and therefore they can see it. It doesn't look available to the public.

Lets try it again for the "big" group. :)

First two pictures, getting the equipment and supplies ready

01.jpg

02.jpg

Next heating the strike water and grain in the cooler. You can see top of thermometer in center of grain.

05.jpg

07.jpg

Next getting every drop of wort out of the grain. I do small 1.75 gallon batches which yeald about 17 bottles.

09.jpg

10.jpg

"how many hawaiins does it take to brew 17 bottles of beer?"

I'm still working on the end of the joke.
:mug:

Joe Louis Black Am. IPA (1.75 gal) (BIAB)
Amt Name %/IBU
4 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) 83.3 %
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt -120L 10.4 %
4.8 oz Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) 6.3 %
0.40 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min 57.1 IBUs
0.50 oz Crystal [3.50 %] - Aroma Steep 5.0 min
1.0 pkg Safale American US-05) -
0.50 oz Centennial [11.10 %] - Dry Hop 5.0 Days 0.0 IBUs

Est Original Gravity: 1.073 SG Measured Original Gravity: 0.071 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.015 SG Measured Final Gravity: 0.000 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 7.7 % Actual Alcohol by Vol: 0.0 %
Bitterness: 57.1 IBUs Est Color: 33.5 SRM

Depends on how much beer gets drunk during the process. :mug:

Sometimes we have to call in the second team to help out. LOL

So you guys drink 30 bottles of beer while making 17? How does that work out at the end of the week?

So you guys drink 30 bottles of beer while making 17? How does that work out at the end of the week?

Gotta brew more. But I'm the only one of that group you saw that does small batches. The other guys are into 10 gal brews. :tank:

Back