Airlock fluid back into fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebelHouse32

Reaction score
Hey guys, I havent had this probelm yet but I was just checking a hydrometer reading on my 5 gal of wheat beer and when I snapped the lid back on i'm pretty sure some of the sanitized fluid I had in my airlock went into the fermentation bucket. I am using Onestep as my sanitation and an S airlock.

Would this lead me to a possible infection even though it is sanitized liquid? I am guessing less than 5 drops or so fell in but I just wanna make sure my beer will be ok! Thanks

If your sanitized liquid gives you an infection, it's not sanitized!
You will be fine and dandy. OneStep is no rinse and will not ruin your beer

Thanks, guys. I was pretty sure it wouldnt be a problem but ya know it makes me feel a whole heck of a lot better to get your opinions, and darn fast too! Also, do i need to sanitize fruit, i am going to rack some of my wheat onto different fruits (3 gal all in separate carboys) and was wondering if i need to sanitize the fruit somehow. The only thing I have heard is to freeze it because it bursts the cells to help bring out more flavor.

you could boil the juice, but add some water or youll make syrup. if your using store bought juice just dump it in, manufactured=pasteurized. ive wash apples in a light bleach and water solution...then rinse rinse rinse

Back