Brew Software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onescalerguy

Reaction score
This question has probably been asked before but here it is again.Which is the best brewing software?Or do a lot of you not even bother with it?ProMash,Beertools,Brewsmith.Which would be best for a beginning AG Brewer?Thanks.Someone might even make a poll of it.:mug:

Todays your lucky day. Not only has this been asked before, but there are reviews of the software in the review section :)

Personally I prefer beersmith. The GUI is more friendly. I'm a PM brewer so I don't use all the advanced features of Promash anyway.

I just used beersmith for the first time on Sunday and found it very easy to create a recipe. I also like how it supports batch sparging without any fussing. I only briefly played with promash in the past but so far I have no complaints with beersmith. I found it more user-friendly and I liked being able to enter math expressions in any input field.

Cheers,
PB

Dude said:
I'm a promash user but I'm anticipating the new Beertools Pro release. I was on the beta test team for it and it definitely has potential to be very nice.
OK that Beertools Pro looks exactly like what I've been waiting for! Hope it's as good as it looks!

I DL'ed beersmith yesterday but I prefer promash. For me, promash is very imformative and im alot more familiar with it than beersmith. I dont think its properly scientific though since on beersmith a 60 min boil of 5% AA hops was only 30 IBU whereas on promash it was more like 40.

The only thing I dont like about ProMash is that the batch numbers are not automatic..... gotta work on that. From the forum it doesn't look like they are going to... people have apparently wanted the feature.

Back