Any MD/VA/DC AG brewers out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewBrew09

Reaction score
I was wondering if there were any MD/VA/DC homebrewers out there that would be able to do a brewday at my house with the purpose of teaching me how to do an AG brew. I want to move on from extracts and partials and do full AG. So far, I have done 3 Extract Brews and one Partial Mash all with excellent results, even SWMBO approves. I made her a Hefe and she said it was the best she has ever had. Please let me know and I will set up a date and so I can purchase the equipment. Basically I am looking to find a good person who I can pick their brain and learn from.

Well, as an immediate tutoring session, a group of MD (and maybe some Delawarians) brewers are having a group brew day in Severna Park, MD on March 14. You could come and hang out, pick brains as needed, and learn while we brew.

The thread discussing it is really long and crazy, so maybe go to the last few pages, and PM 98EXL if you're interested in going.

I was going to suggest the same thing. We brew AG as a group during these brew days and would be happy to have you come brew with us.

Now, we're not uber-technical about what we do, but or theories are sound and we make good beer. :)

Thanks! I will see about getting a kitchen pass to go, problem is I am travelling the 2 weeks prior, so the wifey may not want me to go :(

If not, would anyone be willing to set something up at my house? I am in Germantown, about 2 miles right off of I-270.

Damn. I'm in No. VA and I'm trying to do the same thing you are. I'd love to move to the AG as I'm brewing some great extracts. Germantown is a wee bit far for me right now though. Love the town, commute sucks for me though. Good luck, and if anyone else sees my message--hijack coming--let ME know if you're in my area.

Kippis!

justin,

whereabout in NOVA? I work in Oakton, near Vienna and commute everyday. Maybe we can set something up for a saturday or sunday, when the commute is effortless. Let me know what you think.

Back