conditioning in the bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theQ

Reaction score
I usually keg but I occasionally bottle from the kegs. I feel that's not as carbonated as the I wanted to be. So the question is can I bottle and conditioning from the keg and pitch some yeast. I think the sugar will make the beer foam up a lot in the bottle.

The reference points are those bottled belgians that are crisp and bubbly when pop the cork... They are refermented in the bottle. I wonder what's the procedure and if I can make them with kegged beer.

The bottling and kegging subforum might be a better place for this. That being said, if you've already kegged your beer, you can transfer it to bottles. Search for "beer gun" or "keg to bottle" on here for many useful posts.

Whsoj said:
I Think this might help "Click Me":D

This thread helped me a lot. I kinda simplified to a hose from my keg to my bottle filler (tube with a spring-loaded end). That fits through a drilled stopper, just like that thread describes. I'm still working on it as I would like an easier way to bleed off pressure than by pushing on the stopper. But regardless, it works pretty well.

This thread helped me a lot. I kinda simplified to a hose from my keg to my bottle filler (tube with a spring-loaded end). That fits through a drilled stopper, just like that thread describes. I'm still working on it as I would like an easier way to bleed off pressure than by pushing on the stopper. But regardless, it works pretty well.

Like I said I am bottling from the keg without a problem. The question is how can I referment in the bottle so I can age some of my belgians for months have it carbonated well.

Like I said I am bottling from the keg without a problem. The question is how can I referment in the bottle so I can age some of my belgians for months have it carbonated well.

While your kegging why not fill up a six pack first and drop some carbonation tablets in the bottles before you cap them? If you fill the bottles from the keg you would need to know your volumes from the keg, and add sugar to bring it up to the volumes you desire. If the keg is chilled most of the yeast will have fallen out of suspension so you may need to pitch a very small amount of yeast as well if you choose to do it this way.
Bottle from the keg and toss in a carb tab or two for good measure.

Back