Stopper "fell" into carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chetjs

Reaction score
With da help of my grandson who was trying to help. :( Can this cause any problems with the fermentation process (off flavors)?

No, it should be fine. The only risk might be if it was contaminated at some point. The worst thing you could do is to stick things in there trying to fish it out.

Was it a freshly cleaned stopper?

If the fermentation was nearly complete all the sugar and 02 should be used up that an infection would need to take hold.

Im going to go with RDWHAHB and buy a little bigger stopper so your little helper doesn't accidently do it again.

The fun part is getting the stopper back out.

It won't do a thing to your beer, as I'm sure it was all good and sanitary. I've been in the same situation.

Yep, go with a stopper that's a half size larger, and you should be fine. :)

TL

Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. I tried my hydrometer sample yesterday (3 weeks in primary) and it's beer i assure you. You have made beer with marinated stopper, don't worry. :mug:

Latest posts

Back