The new Burn!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsquared

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
One thing I have to say about the HBT community is there are some fart smellers out there. I need to say thanks to who ever it was that put up the link to the Bayou classic super mondo burner, that is one nice piece of equipment, and as far as I'm concerned essential for AG brewing. Here is my new burner. 210000btu's rock!

New-Burnner.jpg

This week end I did an impromptu Honey nut Brown with the new burner. man was it nice, I had my sparge water hot in about 10min, and had a nice boil going in 10 to 15 min.

I put the batch in to my new temp cabinet, today after work. so well see how this one turns out fermenting at a constant 60ºF. I think that is going to make a big difference.

nice setup man, I want to do AG in the next year, but for now (since we may be moving) extract works fine for me

Chimone said:
that burner is the sole reason I can pull off a single infusion brewday in 3.5 hours
Hmmm. I don't have one, but can still finish in that time - assuming a single infusion mash. ;)

Bsquared said:
......I put the batch in to my new temp cabinet, today after work. so well see how this one turns out fermenting at a constant 60ºF. I think that is going to make a big difference.
I am a believer in fermenting on the low side. It may take a few more days for fermentation but the end brew is much better.

Congrats on the burner. Isn't it so quiet for the BTU's it is making?

And the temp control for fermentation...get ready for the best beers you have made. I run 59-64 for my ales and that is perfect IMHO.

Bsquared,

Is that the Brew4Less ebay pot? I just did a brew this past weekend with that pot and the Bayou Classic tall burner. I got the tall one so I could drain stright from the pot to the mashtun. It's only like 55KBTU though, and it did take quite a while to heat things up. I guess I'll have to spring for the high pressure regulator to boost it to 185KBTU.

Can you fit a keggle on one of these?
Just wondering how the framing will work on the bottom of a keg.
would it sit inside the lip of the keg or would the keg lip sit on top of
the Banjo cooker frame?

It is the Bayou Classic KAB4 High Pressure Banjo Cooker

and It is really big, it will easily support a Keggel on the rim. I think there are a few guys out there that use it with there keggels. I am looking to start doing 10-15gal batches. I have a keg ready to be converted just need to buy a house to store every thing "}.

That is a 10gal pot from ebay,I think it was Brew4less but am not positive. I like it but I don't know how long it is going to last. The steel is vary low gage, but it has worked well for five batches. So we'll see. And I was brewing on a 55000 BTU burner before this and it took a long time to get a good boil with 7gal on it. Crazy thing with the High pressure cooker I barely turned it up half way!

I am stoked on the fermentation cabinet, I checked it this morning and it looks Oh so good, just a low rumble and holding steady at 60ºF:rockin:

don't need matches when you have a handy propane blowtorch laying around. We use those for everything, from starting bonfires to fires in the fireplace to whatever you need fire for. Including soldering pipes! ;)

Back