New DIY burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msm235

Reaction score
Hi, long time lurker, second time poster. I ordered up a 25gal mega-pot and a new Banjo burner to go with it. Just finished building the burner stand this past weekend and wanted to see what you guys thought. Made it out of mostly heavy gauge scrap steel so I'm contemplating naming it Scrappy or Overkill. Keep in mind that I'm an electrical engineer before really critiquing any of the metal work, I know it's a shade sloppy.

Build list (all steel):
Main frame: 7 gauge 1.5" square tubing
Supports: 12 gauge (I think) 1.25" round tubing
Burner supports: 12 gauge (I think) 1" square tubing
Burner shroud: 14 gauge sheet

Burner2.JPG

the feet sliding through the main frame isn't as strong as if you had butted them together and welded, but it still looks plenty mega strong, just a heads up for when you step this up another level and build a full stand :)

the feet sliding through the main frame isn't as strong as if you had butted them together and welded, but it still looks plenty mega strong, just a heads up for when you step this up another level and build a full stand :)

That was the grand master scheme but the legnth of 1.5" square tube I had available was 6" or so too short for the frame perimeter I wanted. To make up for it I put some crazy thick welds on the bottom side of the foot joint, have to take a picture of that when I get home.

If the pot is bigger than the stand the weight would be resting on the legs anyway. Not sure if this is the case though.

Back