Rogue Imperial Youngers Special Bitter recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willsellout

Reaction score
So i was visiting the brewery this week and found they had this beer. I ended up drinking it all night and feel I have to brew it. AHB has the YSB kit, what would I have to do to make it Imperial? Any recipes with steeping grains?

Thanks

Dan

I'm interested in this too. I've never had it, but I like all of the Rogue beers I've tried and I love the Special Bitter I just brewed. I'm not too well versed in UK styles, however I know that a malty base with East Kent Goldings and Windsor yeast is pretty ****ing good.

Since my last post to this thread was pretty much worthless (cuz I was druck on homebrew), I decided to revisit this question. As a starting point for this clone, I found the beer you were talking about on the Rogue website to get the stats. Using the stats, I came up with the following.

11 lbs Pale 2 row
1 lb Crystal 60
1 lb Crystal 80

1 oz Amarillo (8.5 AA) - 60 mins
2 oz Willamette (5 AA) - 15 mins
1 oz East Kent Goldings (5 AA) - flameout

Pacman yeast - I'm guessing they ferment this a bit warmer than 60 degrees to get some fruityness

I've never actually had this beer, so this is kind of a scientific, wild-ass guess. But I think it might be pretty close.

I used beer tools to come up with the hop schedule. This thread explains how I came up with the grain bill.

Back