Bubbles in Secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beilber

Reaction score
Hi All,

Last night i transfered my first All-grain batch to Secondary (5 gal glass carboy). Everything went great except for that after about an hour there were some bubbles that rose to the surface, in a few spots. I know that the disturbing of the yeast can cause little reaction. This morning i noticed the bubbles are still there, is it normal that they are still there? There are about 6 patches of bubbles, no bigger than 1/4" in diameter.

I think its ok but i'd rather be safe :)

the beer was a "failed" Dunkelweizen. I call it Dunkel 51, for its 51% mash efficiency. OG 1.053 Transfered after 3 days consistent 1.010

Thanks in advance!

It sounds fine, just that some co2 is coming out of the liquid. It happens when you rack the beer. It happens also during weather and temperature changes, so it's nothing to be concerned about!

Those bubbles are actually doing you a favor by blanketing the surface of your beer with a layer of CO2. It's perfectly normal to see that for a few days after racking, sometimes longer.

Back