Stopping the Outdoor Burner Wind Blues......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog House Brew

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I found a great way to stop the wind from hitting my burner. I had some coil stock from reduing my house years ago. It's in a circle anyway, just measure the diameter you need. I just used a few gatoe calmps to keep it in a circle. Cheap, easy, and worked like a champ in 25 mph wind. I'm sure a siding guy would have scrap around for almost nothing. I'm sure someone has already thought of it. :mug:

Coil stock is flat aluminum that you bend to make the covers for facia on your house. Under the gutters and such. It comes in rolls and is 3' wide by usually 100' long. I just took an off-fall piece that was 15' long, made a circle, gator clamped it, perfect wind guard. I should have taken a picture. Hope this is a better explination.

I actually decided that brewing in 10* F weather with a 25mph wind was a terrible idea.
So instead I brought my burner into the covered porch and left the windows open.

There was still one heck of a breeze, but it served me well!
(Now if only I remembered to thaw my chiller hoses...)

Back