Finally joined the club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eastwood44mag

Reaction score
Cracked open a couple bottles from my first batch of homebrew. A bit drier than I would have liked, but definitely more refined than Budweiser. I think I have an addictive hobby now.

Congrats! I just passed tha milestone Thursday night-mine was a little dry also, so maybe they will mellow out? I didn't mind that much though, as the overall flavor was great. My second went into the primary last night. I was able to brew my own beer while drinking my own beer! that was a treat...

welcome to the dark side :~)
do you extract, extract w/ some grain, or all-grain?
maybe try a diffreent yeast next time that doesn't ferment so dry.

happy brewing!

To expand on Deroux's post, did you use extract + sugar as some kits recommend? That will definitely result in a dry beverage as the sugar adds zero body. In that particular case you can replace the sugar addition with more extract.

DeRoux's Broux said:
welcome to the dark side :~)
do you extract, extract w/ some grain, or all-grain?
maybe try a diffreent yeast next time that doesn't ferment so dry.

happy brewing!

I'm a newbie, so it's all extract. 3.3 # of a liquid"kit", 2# Munton's DME, 1 package Munton's dry yeast.

Welcome to the machine. You'll find that the taste of your beer will change almost daily. Beer is magic in that way. One word of warning: you'll ruin yourself for drinking Bud and the other big ones really quick. Drink your own beer for a while and the others just won't compare.

Back