Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to start a new character. What to do this time?

OH! Tip if you haven't already done this.... After the opening sequence right when you are getting off the cart, create a new save game. Then you will never have to watch the intro when you remake, just never save over the file. Also, in the beginning during the dragon attack, you don't have to wait for people to talk or tell you to follow. I have run past everything several times, just follow the route and keep going.

H-ost said:
OH! Tip if you haven't already done this.... After the opening sequence right when you are getting off the cart, create a new save game. Then you will never have to watch the intro when you remake, just never save over the file. Also, in the beginning during the dragon attack, you don't have to wait for people to talk or tell you to follow. I have run past everything several times, just follow the route and keep going.

I was past that point when I read this but autosave came to the rescue. Might do a thief with poison and conjuration.

For some reason I am unable to use the shout "elemental fury" its really frustrating because I dual wield daggers... to make it worse, I can't read on the screen why I cant cast it because of TV... anyone else have this problem that can tell me what the game is trying to tell me?

Can't be used with enchanted or bounds weapons?

Have you not fixed your screen size issue yet or found the screen format buttons?

Can't be used with enchanted or bounds weapons?

Have you not fixed your screen size issue yet or found the screen format buttons?

Enchanted weapons makes sense, thanks!

No, I have cycled through all the tv options and in game options and can't seem to change it...:mad:

Very annoying.

I was past that point when I read this but autosave came to the rescue. Might do a thief with poison and conjuration.

Make sure you get the silent casting perk from restoration.

Is there a quest for Nirnroot like in Oblivion? I saved up 15 of them and last night decided to use one with a "Chorus Egg". Turns out it makes invisibility potions, now I have 15 more invisibility potions...

WOW I will definitely try those steps later tonight! I hope it works. Thanks Gila!

I am not very techno savvy if you hadn't already guessed... In fact I just recently joined the 21st century in February and got my first computer (laptop).

Actually, I am glad to hear it.

Was afraid I would insult you linking on how to change display setting in PS3. But when you said "in-game" (instead of in console, etc..) I kinda got a hint that maybe you aren't familiar.

I was going to brew tomorrow but something got in my aluminum pot and at a hole through the bottom. Going with stainless this time. Looks like yard work and Skyrim instead.

I was going to brew tomorrow but something got in my aluminum pot and at a hole through the bottom. Going with stainless this time. Looks like yard work and Skyrim instead.

HAH excuses... just kidding...

Did you leave your chiller sitting in your kettle over night or for any extended period of time? Galvanic reaction is a b!tch.

H-ost said:
HAH excuses... just kidding...

Did you leave your chiller sitting in your kettle over night or for any extended period of time? Galvanic reaction is a b!tch.

Nope. Cleaned it up after I brewed last. There was something in the bottom though when I went to move it the other day.

Are the frost atronarchs good at tanking because the fire atronarchs suck.

They are better but, at higher levels they still don't take much.

Sounds like you needs the Rose of Sanguine. Higher order mages don't stand a chance. I keep that and the wabbajack with me at all times.

GilaMinumBeer said:
They are better but, at higher levels they still don't take much.

Sounds like you needs the Rose of Sanguine. Higher order mages don't stand a chance. I keep that and the wabbajack with me at all times.

Time to break out Lydia then.

Uggh. I accidentally hit the "Take All" button after opening the Breezehome chest.

Over 2500 on the weight scale.

Damn these vendors need to carry more cash! I am trying to sell stuff off but most of the stuff I am finding now is wiping them out after a single quest or with a single item.

Why is Breezehome so far away from Dragonreach? Why can't I buy an Arcane enchanter? Why do I have 38 copies of the yellow book of riddles? ;)

GilaMinumBeer said:
Uggh. I accidentally hit the "Take All" button after opening the Breezehome chest.

Damn these vendors need to carry more cash! I am trying to sell stuff off but most of the stuff I am finding now is wiping them out after a single quest or with a single item.

Why is Breezehome so far away from Dragonreach? Why can't I buy an Arcane enchanter? Why do I have 38 copies of the yellow book of riddles? ;)

I wish there was a "leave all" command, and then you could just take back a few things. Doing that really sucks

GilaMinumBeer said:

Sounds like you need a new house. One with the enchanting table.

When I get the energy to play again, I am going to get my enchanting up to 100. So far I have had chars with 100 in block, one handed, two handed, archery, heavy armor and smithing. I think maxing out on some of the magics could be interesting, since I've never done it in Skyrim, Morrowind OR Oblivion.

Btw... can I just say I am really glad there are no Oblivion gates or Sigil Stones? That was the WORST most heinously boring part of Oblivion.

CreamyGoodness said:
When I get the energy to play again, I am going to get my enchanting up to 100. So far I have had chars with 100 in block, one handed, two handed, archery, heavy armor and smithing. I think maxing out on some of the magics could be interesting, since I've never done it in Skyrim, Morrowind OR Oblivion.

Btw... can I just say I am really glad there are no Oblivion gates or Sigil Stones? That was the WORST most heinously boring part of Oblivion.

Smithing and sneak are the only two I had up to 100. Them I started over three times.

Sounds like you need a new house. One with the enchanting table.

I have Vlindrel Hall too.

The most I have seen the shopkeep their have on hand is 1000 septims. Usually, he just has ~700.

Warmaidens usually has around ~3000 to ~4000 between the two clerks.

Not sure what the prices are like in Solitude. Too many vendors there to keep up with. Can't say I have even looked at prices in Windhelm.

Pickpocketing makes it easy to get gold quick and I am up to 450 carry weight with the perk

It's not about gold. I am carrying s'thing like 25k at any time. It's more about not having so much **** to sort through when I go to a container. **** I'll never use cause it's just not my play style. For example, I have s'thing like 100+ scrolls. I am at level 40 now and I think I have used 2 scrolls the entire game. 2.

As far as carry weight, between perks, Steed Stone, an amulet, a high stamina rating, and the Volsung mask my carry weight is up to 520. I am such a pathelogical looter, I still have to make Lydia carry all she can.

I dunno what Sigil Stones did in the previous games but, there are Sigil Stones in Skyrim. Has to do with teh Atronauch forge. That is all I will say about that.

Best game ever created... and honestly, the only game I would be happy to pay full price for. I never thought I'd stop playing it, but I did, yet I still miss it and might play it for the first time in months when I get home. The game is endless... Always something to do!

Have you guys heard Malukah's Skyrim song covers?

Last edited by a moderator:
GilaMinumBeer said:
It's not about gold. I am carrying s'thing like 25k at any time. It's more about not having so much **** to sort through when I go to a container. **** I'll never use cause it's just not my play style. For example, I have s'thing like 100+ scrolls. I am at level 40 now and I think I have used 2 scrolls the entire game. 2.

As far as carry weight, between perks, Steed Stone, an amulet, a high stamina rating, and the Volsung mask my carry weight is up to 520. I am such a pathelogical looter, I still have to make Lydia carry all she can.

I dunno what Sigil Stones did in the previous games but, there are Sigil Stones in Skyrim. Has to do with teh Atronauch forge. That is all I will say about that.

I gave up on collecting everything. I basically keep enchanted stuff, useful potions, and soul gems.

I gave up on collecting everything. I basically keep enchanted stuff, useful potions, and soul gems.

I only collect items with a list value of 100 or more, enchanted items, greater souls gems (I also have Azura's Star), and books over 50 septims.

Best game ever created... and honestly, the only game I would be happy to pay full price for. I never thought I'd stop playing it, but I did, yet I still miss it and might play it for the first time in months when I get home. The game is endless... Always something to do!

Have you guys heard Malukah's Skyrim song covers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr-buV4tYOA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Dv4Hmf_O8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHXt6n1QhM

Damn. She's CUTE!

GilaMinumBeer said:
I only collect items with a list value of 100 or more, enchanted items, greater souls gems (I also have Azura's Star), and books over 50 septims.

I even sell stuff to the vendors with no money just to get rid of them.

I have done that some too. Take half what I am owed just to get something for it now.

Odd, how THAT boosts Speechcraft. :drunk:

"Hey buddy, can you take this off my hands?" "Why, its not worth anything" "oh come on, bro, I'm sure someone would take it" "I doubt it, I mean what the hell IS it anyway" "Oh... I see how it is... 30 days in town and thousands of septims in business between us and you are going to treat me like a jerk..." "*sigh* no I didnt say that... here just give it to me"

CreamyGoodness said:
"Hey buddy, can you take this off my hands?" "Why, its not worth anything" "oh come on, bro, I'm sure someone would take it" "I doubt it, I mean what the hell IS it anyway" "Oh... I see how it is... 30 days in town and thousands of septims in business between us and you are going to treat me like a jerk..." "*sigh* no I didnt say that... here just give it to me"

Sounds about right. I sell food for 1 or 0 gold just to increase speech. Being able to bribe guards also makes leveling speech easy (although can be expensive)

Makes me wonder. I hear and read that after level 50 further leveling is severly limited. So, I am curious what that will mean when the DawnGuard DLC releases.

Will the additional content patch alter leveling or stay stagnant.

New races, riding dragons, new weapons, etc... seems like it might be lost on a well worn character if it takes a genocide to level from 60 to 70.

Do you guys know about the crouched backstab trick on the Greybeards in order to quickly boost your Sneak level?

Anyone kill the red clothed dark brotherhood assassin sitting atop the dresser in the cottage instead of 1 of the 3 bound hostages? After all, she says no one is leaving here until someone is dead. A nice bonus is that you get to take her assassin clothing for yourself afterward.

Do you guys know about the crouched backstab trick on the Greybeards in order to quickly boost your Sneak level?

I have read about several glitches to boost different aspects. The ONLY one I attempted to take advantage of was the Breezhome buy glitch. Didn't work for me the first time I tried. I decided to just go with it anyway and from taht pint I decided I would just let my character level according to my play style.

And now, all I do is smith daggers everytime I see a forge so that I can boost smithing for daedric or dragon armors. I am wearing teh Beothia Ebony mail right now and it SUCKS! When you go into sneak mode it sets some kind of drain health cloak.

Anyone kill the red clothed dark brotherhood assassin sitting atop the dresser in the cottage instead of 1 of the 3 bound hostages? After all, she says no one is leaving here until someone is dead.

I've not started the Brotherhood quests yet but have heard that at the end of it all you have to decide to either be one with them, or destroy them.

This happens before the Brotherhood quests even begin. You're kidnapped in your sleep and you awaken in the cottage with some ***** forcing you to kill an innocent citizen or else she'll kill you... so I killed her and everyone else lived.

Ahh. Yeah. I have heard about that happening. Haven't gotten there yet. Haven't even been to Riften. At most, I have had s'thing like 2 or 3, maybe more, attempts at me from the BrotherHood.

Back