Looking for "giftable brew" suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcray

Reaction score
I'm wanting to make a big, special brew to make now, age and give away as Christmas presents. I plan on labeling the bottles and maybe even putting them in corked Belgian-style bottles, too. Anyone have any suggestions or recipes they want to share? What have you all made to give away to friends and loved ones? AG preferably, but extract ok too.

:mug:

One suggestion I have is, instead of corks, try waxing your bottle caps. Its really a cool and easy effect. If you do a quick search of the forums for bottle capping wax you'll find a sticky with great step by step instructions on making your own. Fwiw, I've made both a barleywine and russian imperial stout this spring that are destined for Xmas '11 release

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will do the cap wax for sure. Sounds like a neat idea. Anyone want to share some recipes for a RIS or Barleywine they have made and enjoyed?

Edit: I should add that I'm definitely perusing the recipe database, just also looking for 'tried and true' recipes that others have made as gifts before.

Back