My wife told me to get a hobby, so I....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelonHeads

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to my very understanding wife, I went back into home brewing after a 20 year hiatus. Started up all grain and have been brewing again for a little over a year.
Thanks to this fantastic forum, I found great ideas to create a kegarator. Found a great Monkey Ward chest freezer, built a collar, and created myself a 6 tap system - just in time for our 5th annual chili cook-off.
Due to my (and my wife's) appetite, I've only been able to get 5 of the 6 running - I'll keep on trying though..

C360_2012-10-2814-43-23.jpg

C360_2012-10-2814-43-46.jpg

C360_2012-10-2814-44-03.jpg

C360_2012-10-2814-42-11.jpg

Looks great. I too was away for 12-15yrs and started back in 2009. I'm on the same path and about to build a keezer.

I think the biggest changes I've noticed:
1. Lots of stainless accessories
2. Much better connection options for HB (sanitary tri-clamps and camlocks)
3. Much more automation
4. Big electric systems
5. BIAB
6. Keezers!

Nice looking keezer. Is the Old Mill handle to identify which keg is full of urine? lol
:ban:

Thanks All!!

The Old Mildew Handle is actually a gift from the wife who is from Wisconsin (It was her Grandmother's favorite beer). I use it to indicate which of my beers I am the least pleased with ;-)

I also have a Spotted Cow handle for my Spot On Clone that I found in these forums which my wife also got me since her dad used to be New Glarus' banker.

Love all the cool new options since the last 20 years. In particular, the different grains, hops, and yeast strains that are now available to Home Brewers. Also, new I didn't like bottling from the get go - kegging is the only way to go.

Back