• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

15 cu ft chest freezer (cheap)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocBrown

Reaction score
I'm nearly finished with a pretty massive kegerator (I'll post pictures of it soon). A couple weeks ago I mounted the collar and the tap box (which sits above and behind the freezer so they're out of the way when I want to open the lid and put kegs inside) on a 15 cu ft freezer I'd been chilling my kegs in for a while. When I turned it back on, the compressor came on, but it would never cool the freezer. I ended up having to modify my collar and re-work a few things, not to mention purchasing a new $400 freezer, but there you go.

Anyway, I want to get rid of the old freezer. Yes, it doesn't cool anything. If you have some experience working with refrigeration units, maybe you can fix it and get it working again. It does use the old R12 freon in case that poses an additional problem. If it's not worth fixing, it might work well as a fermentation chamber (using a different cooling unit) or a grain storage area.

I know this thing isn't worth much. If you're interested, make an offer. If you want to trade, let me know. I could use another keg. I'd probably even go for a couple 6-packs of your best homebrew!

I should also mention - it's large enough to comfortably hold 10 pin-lock kegs (assuming 2 are on the hump over the compressor). I think it will fit 11 ball-lock kegs, though I didn't get a chance to try.

Back