alright, bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokeCollegeStudent

Reaction score
Ok, so i was just wondering if anyone is really successful bottling with twist tops. I have all broke friends, and they dont drink sam adams(or any beer that has a pop top.) that much.... so im pretty much on my own for finding bottles. Ummm.. i was just wondering if anyone has any advice for possibly bottling with twist tops.
Thanx guys.
Shane

Uh oh.. this issue again. :D

I used twist off for years and years before switching to kegging. They work FINE. But you MUST use a bench style capper.
superautomatica.gif

A hand capper will not work well enough.
capper-red-baron.jpg

You could also pickup those 18 packs of Coors light in the 16oz PET plastic bottles. It's labelled as a "cooler" box which just means it has a plastic bag in it and the beer is cheap enough. It sounds like you have a good way of disposing of the beer inside it. I've had luck reusing them at least 3 times. Maybe they'd seal more times but I went to kegging.

look on ebay for an old timey bench capper....I picked one up for like $25...it's really cool to says like "Oct. 1920" or something on it

anyway it caps twistoffs without a problem....just lube up the moving parts and the bell

good luck!

Back