10 tip NG burners?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phunhog

Reaction score
Hi,
I found these http://www.bayouclassicdepot.com/618ng-10-jet-natural-gas-jet-burner.htm and wondering if anybody has any experience with them. I run a single tier, direct fire RIMS on propane right now. I finally stubbed out a NG outlet in my backyard and would like to switch to NG. They say they can get 100K BTU's which should be more than enough for my 11 gal. batches. Anybody use these? How much do they weigh? Thanks. Al

They work great. I have the 20 tip burners on my set up and can bring 23 gallons to boil in about 35 minutes. Way more power than I needed, but love them none the less. When I see people using this type of burner, I think they defeat the purpose of these by having them too close to the bottom of the kettle. It depends on your NG service, but I did a lot of testing on the distances, and for me, 14" worked out best for me. You can see some pics of mine in my profile. They are easy to adjust the flame and have had no problems at all. I did have to drill my jets out a little to get the right air mix. Now they are nice and blue and they put out the heat. I supply mine with a 15' NG gas hose with QD. Way high in price! The hose, and pipe, is 3/4" because I didn't want any fall off when running both burners on my rig full go. I know a guy that uses these on his set-up and does 25 gallon boils in his Mega pot. He really likes it. Hope this helps you some.

Back