My RIMS job

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good bro, at first glance it could pass for a brew magic. What's the final price tag and man hours on this bad boy?

Thanks!

Price... I am going to say somewhere around $800 - $900 (bear in mind the steel frame was donated by a buddy). If I had to do another, I could do it cheaper.

Time... don't even know where to begin. The entire process was about 8 months of here and there, weekends, using, then modifying.

davebl

nice build mate, just a quick note that the march pump has not got a bracket to help support the weight. With it only hanging on by the thread it will eventually fatigue the head and snap the thread off. (replacement heads are expensive here in Aus).

If my brewing equipment looked this good it would be awesome
Brewfire

davebl

nice build mate, just a quick note that the march pump has not got a bracket to help support the weight. With it only hanging on by the thread it will eventually fatigue the head and snap the thread off. (replacement heads are expensive here in Aus).

Not worried about that one bit.... March pumps are quite sound.

If my brewing equipment looked this good it would be awesome
Brewfire

Thanks!!!!

Thanks!

Price... I am going to say somewhere around $800 - $900 (bear in mind the steel frame was donated by a buddy). If I had to do another, I could do it cheaper.

Time... don't even know where to begin. The entire process was about 8 months of here and there, weekends, using, then modifying.

If that includes the Keggles that sounds awfully low.

I love threads with so many picks of a nice rims builts! nice work. You have made me move to SS tubing.

I love threads with so many picks of a nice rims builts! nice work. You have made me move to SS tubing.

Its so worth it in the long run. I wanted rigid tubing to start, and copper just won't cut it for me. The stainless was very costly up front (well actually the tubing was free) but the strength and the longevity make up for it.

Not to mentioned the very clean look of adds to the system. I will be using 2 of those black rubber insulated kegs for my build.

I am thinking Everything will be black except for the tubing and valves. Which I think will look kinda cool...

Dave,

Several years ago you posted some pictures of a RIMS system you were building. I am looking for examples of various models and was wondering if you can send me or post pictures of your finished System.

Thanks

Gene
a.k.a. BeerGrills

Sorry the delay on posting. The brewery build took a back seat to me trying to finish college (10 days left, by the way).

We're back in gear though... Made a lot of progress:

3086248764_b9e8e3a4ca.jpg

3085410587_819fd77e1b.jpg

3086248302_fa0baebbe8.jpg

And the 99.9% final product, complete with 0 - 30 psi adjustable regulator:
3085431705_df85da8098.jpg

The Grey wire will run to the the RTD.

The frame is pretty much done. I'm now in the process of painting and hard plumbing the gas lines in.

Hey, Dave. I like the simplicity of the controller for your RIMS and would like to know what the three switches control. Also, the pictures of above are great, but they are just far enough back that you can't see the inside of the control panel. Would you post a close up of the inside of the panel showing the wiring terminations and such. Thank you.

Back