Question regarding Belgian Wit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Free_Eagle

Reaction score
Hi I think I just need some re-assurance here. This is a Belgian Wit extract kit and this is my first time using liquid yeast. I got nervous when it did nothing for the first twelve hours last night. I left for work, while on the road picked up more yeast in case, and came home to this:
0818081551.jpg

Does this look ok? That is my main question. I know things can vary from batch to batch but this is my fourth batch and first with liquid. Also this is my first batch in a glass carboy, so I can see it more and bug out over stupider stuff. Does liquid take a little longer to start? I brewed two batches yesterday and the pumpkin spice was with dry yeast which started going to town after a few hours. I guess I am just a new guy hoping for some re-assurance or correct direction pointing from the veterans out there :eek: . Thank you in advance.

Perfectly fine. If you didn't use a starter, your liquid yeast will likely take a little longer to get going.

With a wit yeast, you'll be up to your neck in krausen in no time. :)

Back