problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dman324

Reaction score
So I made my brew its been sitting for a week today. The place I go to in lake worth is closed and I have no bottles to transfer it in what shoukd I do?

BrewerinBR said:
Leave it sit for 2 more weeks.

+1 or even more.

You bottle after 1 week? You may consider experimenting and letting this batch sit for about 30 days from brew day and then bottle. See what you think of the finished product.

Yeah,3 weeks is average for my ales. That gives it time to finish fermenting,clean up by products of fermentation,& settle out clear or slightly misty before bottling.

Well,if you see some krausen foam on top of the fermenting beer is one way. Best way is with a hydrometer.

Do I try it? Sorry for all the questions . Its the first time I am doing this

Go ahead,just don't be rough about it. You don't want o2 getting into the beer at this point from splashing or the like. Just use a sanitized baster to take the sample & put it in the tube the hydrometer came in. That's what I use. Try not to desturb the beer any more than needed,& the co2 layer will stay put for the most part. Set the sample aside & seal the FV back up before proceeding & you should be fine.

I would just leave it alone...way to early to move to bottles. I know it's hard, but letting the yeast do their thing for at least two more weeks is the way to go IMO.

Once I put the beer in bottles how long do I let it sit before I put them in the frig?

Its been fermented for two weeks tommrow. So I am transfering it to bottles tommrow

Back