Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added a sixth tap and drip tray since last time I posted in here. Now have two serving pressures for the five, and a nitro set up.

3174425C-F7B2-4A9F-8A74-9856C9A53DF0-5855-000004213F2929A5_zps0b67c49f.jpg

The rail around the lid is very nice.

I wanted the panel to be very lightweight, because the hinge that supports it is attached to the thin inside sheetmetal and it is cantilevered out. I made it out of fiberglass over foam, much like a surfboard. I glued foam sheets together with balsa reinforcement in the faucet and hinge area, then glassed it. I bought a quarter turn latch from McMaster which engages a small stop of aluminum angle on the right hand side. If I were to do it over I would make a male mold, because it was really difficult to get the corners right. I also did not take into account that the drip pan has a sharp corner so I had to build up ridges on the shelf to hold it up a bit, very labor intensive. But overall, I really like the finished product.
I am sure that if I had an all-day party with lots of people that I might have trouble keeping it cold, but so far has not been a problem. I did just that once, outdoors in the sun, and had no problem but it wasn't the only source of beer.

I have 3 tap kegerator that is for beer out in the garage...
but this is a new single tap for carbonated water in the kitchen.

The fridge was borrowed from the patio bar and I did not want to modify it permanently.

fxgaT3GMrnpVD8T4fWR8-iTLJmTgF240Pp8Y87_JlCA

Here's my "hidden" kegerator. I made a section of Wainscoting that I can pop off for access to the fridge along with some venting channels and HVAC grates on the front side of the cabinets to dissipate the heat from the fridge.

Being new to homebrewing, one noob mistake I made was only getting a single faucet tower, I will definitely be upgrading to at least a double in the very near future.

View attachment 1439767069974.jpg

View attachment 1439767093643.jpg

View attachment 1439767139793.jpg

View attachment 1439767168003.jpg

Here's mine. I was planning to use the new chest freezer that I bought for a keezer, but this free fridge came along so the freezer ended up being a fermentation chamber. I'd care more about looks if I had a nice fancy bar or if anyone other than myself was going to see it. Besides, if someone did come over, and wanted a beer, and the fact that I have 4 taps wasn't good enough for them, their opinion of my kegorator would be disregarded and they would served water.

View attachment 1440448245729.jpg

View attachment 1440448269400.jpg

View attachment 1440448364261.jpg

Your basic kegerator, but I`m still stoked on it! Got the fridge off kijiji for 100 new with the mods. Bonus is hockey rules. Eventually going to make handles out of broken sticks and pucks.

keg1.jpg

keg.jpg

Last edited:
Humble beginnings, it may never be as nice as some of these setups, but it'll serve my purpose. 4 taps coming soon.

image.jpg

Pretty basic, and I haven't built the temp controller into a job box yet, but everything works. I keep the liquid fermentables and hops in the freezer section for now.

I know I only have a gallon batch of apple cider fermenting right now, but I wanted to make sure everything worked before I made another batch of anything, as it is too hot in my basement to ferment anything without temperature control except maybe red wine. (Yes, I have a 1 gallon batch of that fermenting right now, too...)

Keezer:

• Stained and sealed red oak collar with insulation backing
  • 3 Perlick 630 SS taps
  • Bottle opener
  • 14" stainless drip tray
  • InkBird temp controller (Fahrenheit)
  • 10lb C02 tank on the hump
  • Primary regulator
  • Dual secondary regulator
  • 3-way manifold (to be installed)

Currently only one beer on tap, a watermelon wheat, but that will change when the beer in the ferm chamber in the garage finish up in a week or so. Plenty of room between the 3 kegs to store bottles. :mug:

Front.jpg

Interior.jpg

Taps.jpg

I have considered the door, but I'd need to carve out a plastic divider that runs vertically the whole height of the door. The space below the wooden platform is almost 7" now, and I could safely raise it a couple more inches, but after staring at the fridge today I think I'm going to try mounting it vertically on the shelf rail that's on the back of the fridge first.

I'm looking for some different eyes on a problem I'm having. I can fit 4 cornys and a 20# cylinder in this fridge, but I'm wondering where to put the 4 body secondary regulator. It's 15" long by 7" tall. I don't want to drill through the fridge and put the co2 outside. Where would you mount the secondary?

http://www.kegconnection.com/4-body-secondary-regulator-choose-taprite-or-chudnow/

Pull your wooden platform out and attach a piece of plywood on one side so it extends up as high as it will go before it hits the bottom of the freezer compartment. Then mount your regulator assy at the top of the plywood above the kegs.

I also vote for mounting it off the back using plywood. Whether extending it, or just doing a simple 2-leg bracket for it. That way your gas lines can be short and out of the way, screw having them moving and in the door. Greater chance of leaks etc if your gas quick-connects can move and get tweaked.

I also vote for mounting it off the back using plywood. Whether extending it, or just doing a simple 2-leg bracket for it. That way your gas lines can be short and out of the way, screw having them moving and in the door. Greater chance of leaks etc if your gas quick-connects can move and get tweaked.

Agreed, I think the door is out, I'm already fighting 4 Bev Seal Ultra lines when I open/close the door.

Don't discount putting the CO2 cylinder on the outside. It stays warm that way, and you can mount an external Co2 line for purging kegs, and running your beer gun (or counter pressure filler). Just takes a small hole, and on a newer fridge without coolant lines in the walls, its a piece of cake.

Keezer:

• Stained and sealed red oak collar with insulation backing
  • 3 Perlick 630 SS taps
  • Bottle opener
  • 14" stainless drip tray
  • InkBird temp controller (Fahrenheit)
  • 10lb C02 tank on the hump
  • Primary regulator
  • Dual secondary regulator
  • 3-way manifold (to be installed)

I like what you've done with the internal regulator. I'll have to steal that idea when/if I get around to upgrading my chest freezer. Since I had to replace the original one haven't had time to build a collar for the new one.

With the monitor on top, you planning on running RaspberryPints?

No. Just a TV to watch the games and be close to the beer..... It is now on the wall. SWMBO allowed me to turn the extra room into a tap room. She is into home brew also.:mug:

I'm looking for some different eyes on a problem I'm having. I can fit 4 cornys and a 20# cylinder in this fridge, but I'm wondering where to put the 4 body secondary regulator. It's 15" long by 7" tall. I don't want to drill through the fridge and put the co2 outside. Where would you mount the secondary?

http://www.kegconnection.com/4-body-secondary-regulator-choose-taprite-or-chudnow/

I used the tracks at the back of the fridge ( the ones that originally held the shelves ) and attached an aluminum plate to them, then attached the regulators to that. No holes in the walls that way.

No. Just a TV to watch the games and be close to the beer..... It is now on the wall. SWMBO allowed me to turn the extra room into a tap room. She is into home brew also.:mug:

Lucky. My wife isn't into the drinking at all but she tolerates my hobby. Actually......maybe I'm the lucky one as I don't have to share my beer!!!:ban:

I used the tracks at the back of the fridge ( the ones that originally held the shelves ) and attached an aluminum plate to them, then attached the regulators to that. No holes in the walls that way.

That's what I ended up doing, I got some nylon spacers from Home Depot and bolted it directly to the shelf rail.

image.jpg

Lucky. My wife isn't into the drinking at all but she tolerates my hobby. Actually......maybe I'm the lucky one as I don't have to share my beer!!!:ban:

My wife was not into it, till I brought her to a tasting. Now she is hooked on Stouts and Dubbels.:mug:

Finally got trough all the posts on this thread. I finished my kegerator last week and it's awesome! I scored an awesome retro fridge on CL for $125 and a few weeks (and beers) later, behold!

http://imgur.com/a/pduIQ

Now to get rid of the excessive head it likes to dispense. Can't for the life of me figure out where the problem lay. Temperature is right, and the beer line is above the level of beer in the keg. I didn't sanitize it between install and tapping, so I'm hoping that's the cause. We'll see, though.

Back