Couldn't believe how right you guys were...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potlimit

Reaction score
Got my first brew done yesterday (a nut brown kit) and I wanted to first say thanks to everyone (especially my man tlael), reading these posts has been insanley informative and encouraging.

Second, when I used to read how difficult it was for people to just let it be after brewing I couldn't help but think 'Seriously? How hard can it be? Just put it in the fermenter and forget about it.' LOL Now I'm at work and I can't wait to get home and and hopefully see some bubbling in the airlock.

Cheers,
Mase

Got my first brew done yesterday (a nut brown kit) and I wanted to first say thanks to everyone (especially my man tlael), reading these posts has been insanley informative and encouraging.

Second, when I used to read how difficult it was for people to just let it be after brewing I couldn't help but think 'Seriously? How hard can it be? Just put it in the fermenter and forget about it.' LOL Now I'm at work and I can't wait to get home and and hopefully see some bubbling in the airlock.

Cheers,
Mase

Its awesome man and in a couple weeks you will be ordering more fermenters that is for sure!

Thats what I just did. :rockin::ban::mug:

congrats on batch #1. Now, just leave it alone!!!! It's OK to rush home today and anxiously look for airlock activity, but DO NOT freak out if there are no bubbles yet. I'm not saying that there won't be, just saying that there might not be (and that's OK).

And don't bother opening the lid or checking the gravity until at least 10 days have gone by (well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to take a peek inside after 3 or 4 days just to see what fermentation looks like - just don't peek too much)

:mug:

Next thing you know you'll be drinking off your keg after one day - it won't be carbed yet, but it will be cold.

Yeah, I think I've spent the whole workday browsing craigslist and ebay for new equipment. Here we go I guess...

motivator2903225.jpg

:D

I couldn't agree more mase. I check my airlock each morning,and every night. I promised myself I wouldn't open it for 3 weeks and I haven't, but it's been an internal struggle. :)

I have already purchased 2 more fermenters! I love this ****.....

Your screwed now. Just wait till five gallon batches becoe too small. You think its alot of beer now...

Oh my Goddddddd.... make it stop! Can't stop trying to decided which kit to order next. They make pharmaceuticals for this type of obsessive behavior.

Best advice I could give as a newer brewer myself is get more kits and fermenters and make more beer! You want an aggressive pipeline early on so your beer can sit and get better with age. Plus you'll have a variety of beers on hand ready to drink to choose from. Just when I think a beer that's been sitting for a while can't taste any better I open one up and say geez that tastes even better than the one I had last week!

Oh my Goddddddd.... make it stop! Can't stop trying to decided which kit to order next. They make pharmaceuticals for this type of obsessive behavior.

i do 12 all-grain gallons at a time now so i can get 2 kegs and some bottles. i started with 5 gallon extract brews, too. you will be assimilated

yeah, I just bought a second fermenter so I could build a pipeline. it's amazing how quickly it can go!

i used to have a hard time waiting on the beer to finish in the fermenters and bottle conditioning. now i seem to foreget how long it has been in the bottles it has been there so long!! i have two beers that have been in the fermenters for awhile now. one over 30 days and the other right at 30 days. i'm just going to let them sit and bottle them both on the same day. maybe in two more weeks.

time is truely our friend in making our own brews at home. the time will come when you have a good pipe line set up and will soon start foregetting just how long they have been in the fermenters and bottles. the beer will just start being better and better too!!!

welcome to the insanity of home brewing!! you'll fit right in around here.

Latest posts

Back