CHI for kegerator part changes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtrainer

BeerCzar I am
Reaction score
Making changes to my kegerator.

I'll be ordering both gas and liquid lines. Possibly a secondary regulator for inside the kegerator. I can have gas set for the soda tap, and reduce that down to beer PSI.

Firstly, I'm looking to order from CHI, Any last minute issues or are they still on the approved list?

Secondary regulator - any issue with the multi output units with the MFL connections? note I'll probably order an economy regulator but am curious just the same.

This is what I"m thinking I might be ordering...
SuperFlex 5/16 I.D. Beverage Hose SuperFlex Beverage hose

SuperFlex 3/16 I.D. Beverage Hose SuperFlex Beverage hose

ECONOMY Secondary Regulators #9 Co2ES-03D03137 Pass-thru 5/16"B in, 5/16"B & 60lb gauge, 5/16"B-SO w/ CV

If I go with this regulator, I can use the pass through outlet to gas my soda and or force carbing.

Any issues with the above or vendor?

I ordered a temperature controller from them about two weeks ago and received it in due time with no issues whatsoever. I'll be ordering probably 2 more from them sometime in the near future so I say go for it.

Making changes to my kegerator.

I'll be ordering both gas and liquid lines. Possibly a secondary regulator for inside the kegerator. I can have gas set for the soda tap, and reduce that down to beer PSI.

Firstly, I'm looking to order from CHI, Any last minute issues or are they still on the approved list?

Secondary regulator - any issue with the multi output units with the MFL connections? note I'll probably order an economy regulator but am curious just the same.

This is what I"m thinking I might be ordering...
SuperFlex 5/16 I.D. Beverage Hose SuperFlex Beverage hose

SuperFlex 3/16 I.D. Beverage Hose SuperFlex Beverage hose

ECONOMY Secondary Regulators #9 Co2ES-03D03137 Pass-thru 5/16"B in, 5/16"B & 60lb gauge, 5/16"B-SO w/ CV

If I go with this regulator, I can use the pass through outlet to gas my soda and or force carbing.

Any issues with the above or vendor?

I used them for a few things... including 12 cornies. I decided to go pick them up instead of having them shipped. A bunch of the stuff is shipped directly from the manufacturer, though, so I couldn't pick it all up at once. Not a big deal, and probably not an issue for most people.

I can recommend CHI as a company... I would not hesitate to order from him again.

Matt at CHI is one honorable person to deal with, anything that's wrong with what has been shipped be it new or used Corny's (RIP Corny's), Matt will ship free replacement parts no questions asked. I have no connections with Matt but have had 24 great used condition Corny's shipped to me by him.
Matt is my first choice on any other needed items for my next brewing build. I just found a couple boxes of regulators, taps, handles and gas manifolds I forgot I had in my garage storage. What I need to add will be thru Matt first even when William's Company is only 5-6 miles away. great service at 115 miles away from Matt is better than a LHBS only 4 miles away also.
JMO's from my past dealings with the CHI Company. I once had a Corny lid that was a damaged item that could of been hammered straight with brass drifts and some labor, Matt sent another complete one free. This makes one not even think about switching suppliers in my book, why? I'm not related to Matt or the CHI Company at all just a happy customer.

Excellent input. Thanks guys. Just a last minute check before I place my order.... I've seen a number of forum threads about kegkits.com and I won' be placing an order with TH anytime soon.

Back