The Official 2011 Masstoberfest Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting to think about what I'm brewing. Don't like the "English" black IPA I brewed, so I think I'm going to try an version of Jeff's Dahkness. Maybe Imperialize it a bit to celebrate the occasion.

Paulie, you should get out MegaTun and we'll do a big-ass group brew of Dahkness. 'Specially if he's going to make it there.

If all of you Massholes are the same as Cape........................I'll pass. :D

I kid, I kid. Drinking with Cape at NHC was fun. And at times, bizarre.

Oh crap!! Who invited the guys from "Brockton by the Sea."

bird, dammit!! This is all your freaking fault. What are you going to do next, invite the denizens of the Northeast Kingdom?

Oh wait a minute.... That means Red............

Never mind. You invite ANYONE you like.... So long as she has red hair. And a world class bu....... Well, you know.

Seriously though, kid friendly or no? Wifey would like to attend and DD for us but that means three ankle biters would tag along unless we hit megabucks to pay for a sitter. I can figure out something otherwise.

PS she's making me ask.

I may or may not bring the family, probably depends on whether I brew or not.

"Brew gear, or my dear wife and kids? DON'T MAKE ME PICK!"

As do I, but she likes to drink and would only agree to the trip if she could partake in all the great beer as well. :mug: Next year possibly!

Breastpump, baby! It ain't just for fetish videos. The good Lord gave us the breastpump so new mommas could get tipsy while still giving their wee ones booze-free milk.

the_bird said:
Breastpump, baby! It ain't just for fetish videos. The good Lord gave us the breastpump so new mommas could get tipsy while still giving their wee ones booze-free milk.

Bird I'm sure you'll figure out a way to ferment it to get more booze, or take hydrometer readings to make her drink more. "Baby come on just drink this your almost at 1.040!"

This is too tempting. My 25th high school reunion is the night of the 17th in Marlboro. Depending on my kids' soccer commitments, I may just be able to swing in and then head to Marlboro or skip the reunion altogether.

Hmmm ....

**** your high school reunion. Everyone you went to school with back then is an *******. Or wait, that's everyone that *I* went to school with.

In any case, where are you going to have more fun? Going to a reunion, *reminiscing* about the good old times, talking about when you used to sneak away and get drunk at parties in high school... or coming and getting drunk with your buddies NOW?

I mean, ****, if you really LIKED those people you went to high school with, you'd spend your time chatting with them instead of with us, right?

Yeah, but we're nice ********.

We need to get Yooper's ass out here. Who's going to chip in towards her plane ticket? If there's any money left, we'll fly you out, too, AZ.

As a life long Celts fan, I probably should get closer than 1300 miles to New England at some point in my life...

... if you're ever going to come out, now's the time, ain't it? Tickets don't look that expensive (not sure where in AZ you are, other than "the cold part", so I'm not sure where you'd be flying out of).

Let's sell tickets to an eating/drinking contest between Cape and PTN to get money for the plane tix. I'd pay to see PTN wash down Cape's bbq pig with a black and tan made from AB and barleywine.

... if you're ever going to come out, now's the time, ain't it? Tickets don't look that expensive (not sure where in AZ you are, other than "the cold part", so I'm not sure where you'd be flying out of).

Damn, I was sorta joking, but I can get roundtrip flights from Phx to Bos for under 3 hondo...

The upsides of coming to Masstoberfest...

1. Really good BBQ pork

2. Really good beer. (We did mention that this is a party of homebrewers, right? And that everyone will be bringing along some beer, right. Even Cape's Ass Beer is improving.)

3. You get to meet Babalu.

4. You get to laugh at any number of people. Choose from the following: me, Yeager, me, Cape, me, the-dope, me, Dakota, you get the picture. Massholes, each and everyone of us.

5. You'll get a chance to meet a whole bunch of other more normal, HBT folk. (They might not be as entertaining as the previoulsy mentioned folk but you don't need to lock up the silverware and hide the dog when they come over.)

6. You'll get to see a bunch of folks brewing different beers and might learn something. Kaiser did a decoction brew one year that was a thing of beauty. I boluxed up my bitter last year in every concievable way but still managed to make a pretty decent brew out of it. Lots of different guys, lots of different set ups, lots of different ways to do the same thing. A great learning experience.

7. You will laugh your ass off. THAT is a guarantee.

The downside of not coming to Masstoberfest.

1. We'll talk about you behind your back.

C'mon. Get out from your Mom's basement for the day. Ask Mom if you can borrow the car and drive over. The party starts on Friday night when I put the pig in the smoker, if you come early I'll probably put you to work but you get to start drinking earlier.

It also goes without saying that you are a responsible adult and know when you've had enough BUT it has happened that people have had a smidge too much to drink at these things. ANYONE who comes is welcome and encouraged to stake out a tent spot in the yard. I've got plenty of room.

PTN

It also goes without saying that you are a responsible adult and know when you've had enough BUT it has happened that people have had a smidge too much to drink at these things. ANYONE who comes is welcome and encouraged to stake out a tent spot in the yard. I've got plenty of room.

PTN

You think?

I'm seriously tempted to just put an air mattress in the back of the Element, so I can just kick back, relax, and not have to worry about driving back until Sunday. So, probably not bringing the family this time!

EDIT: You know what? Cape's shindig, I had to miss out on because the_Wife was at a conference and I was on kid duty. I'm crashing.

DO IT! C'mon, man... in all seriousness, this party is freakin' EPIC. Even in the rain, with or without hookers, it's an absolute blast.

It really is much better with the hookers AND with the economy the way it is there are some real bargains to be had out there. Just sayin'

Back