Artificial Carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChickenBeer

Reaction score
I have been bottling for some time and dont mind going to kegging but there is something more satisfying about bottling. Any thoughts on carbonating other than using ye olde corn sugar in the bottling bucket? I was thinking about artifical carbonation but didnt know if that is easily feasible or not.

Keg it to get it carbed, then bottle from the tap. A lot of bottles of beer are entered into contest by people who keg only.

Here is a link to a great video on YouTube showing how to make a very inexpensive bottle filler for keg beer. Fortunately all of the necessary parts were already lying around so the cost was $0. I used it for Christmas presents and none of the bottles lasted over a couple of weeks so I can't vouch for the longevity of the carbonation. Theoretically it should work out great.

Only big suggestion I have is to relieve the pressure from your keg first, then set it to about 4 psi for bottling. Took me a couple of bottles and a decent beer shower to figure that one out. Good luck.

I have been bottling for some time and dont mind going to kegging but there is something more satisfying about bottling. Any thoughts on carbonating other than using ye olde corn sugar in the bottling bucket? I was thinking about artifical carbonation but didnt know if that is easily feasible or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back