Stainless Steel Fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sumta

Reaction score
I am soon to be buying some stainless steel ball valves, relief valves and some other fittings for my impending sculpture. Does anyone have a favored place to buy these things? Preferably at a lower price than morebeer.com. $27 for a 3pc 1/2" stainless steel ball valve seems to be about average. I am considering going back to the metal salvage yard, but wonder about toxic residues.

Any thoughts?

jw

Well, not to directly answer your question on where to get them... but as far as the 'any thoughts' part... why go three piece? I realize that its supposed to be for ease of dissasembly for cleaning but IMO this is a bit much. Almost half the cost for S.S. valves which are not the three piece.

Sumta said:
I am soon to be buying some stainless steel ball valves, relief valves and some other fittings for my impending sculpture. Does anyone have a favored place to buy these things? Preferably at a lower price than morebeer.com. $27 for a 3pc 1/2" stainless steel ball valve seems to be about average. I am considering going back to the metal salvage yard, but wonder about toxic residues.

Any thoughts?

jw

McMaster Carr has a little better pricing - $22.68 for the 1/2 inch.

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Back