Sankey Tap & Corny Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mulder11

Reaction score
I'm picking up the Haier Beer Dispenser from Best Buy this evening and am planning to use a commercial 1/2 keg until I brew my next batch. Because the Haier comes with the Sankey tap system, what would I need to get in order to use both Corny kegs (ball lock) and switch between commercial kegs (Sankey)?

I've looked around but can't seem to find a solution.

Thanks,
Scott

This dispenser is a basic 'kegerator' with a Sankey connector to fit common US kegs.

To covert it to ball lock you will need:

2 hose clamps
1 ball lock fitting air side
1 ball lock fitting beer side

Connect to appropriate hoses after removing the Sankey connector.

You may also wish to use quick disconnects for both hoses so that you can easily change from a corney keg setup to a commercial keg setup if you think it might be likely that you'd a) have a big party that you'd rather use commercial beer for or b) loan your kegorator to someone for a party.

I have a jockey box (basically uses an ice chest to cool beer in the line) that I have hooked up so that I can quickly change from Corney to Sankey for that very reason.

Back