She's gone to warp speed!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speranza

Reaction score
I'm needing a little advice on my second baby here. A little background first.

My first batch of Oktoberfest.... excellent, a great hit with my family and neighbor. This batch as you will see in the pictures below is well.... Very enthusiastic! Its a red ale, Brewers Best Kit. The only thing different was the suggestion from the Homebrewing Store to add some extra malt to give it some extra kick. Which I think is what is happening. The wort did fine, I had a little trouble siphoning into the carboy though and JUST AFTER doing that I found these forums and a lot of useful hints. Well this is day 2.5 and my water lock is no longer water but beer... :drunk:

Actually didn't think she would take off, thought the yeast wouldn't take because I didn't cool her off enough. Well now you can see what I see. Any help would be appreciated and hopefully I'll get some responses before I head off to the store to get a new bottleing wand(I broke it :( )

I'll link to my website that has the full rez pictures:
Large pic
Water Lock

I wouldn't worry about it. The only thing you can do really is affix a blow off tube, or more simply a large diameter hose that runs from the carboy bung hole into a water bath. Or just let the sink catch the blow off. It will subside once the yeast is finished. But take the cap off so it doesn't pop it off.

Back