What commercial beers are in your 'fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dantodd

Reaction score
I know that we'd all prefer to drink homebrew but let's face it we don't always have what we want or need on-hand. Or, as in my case, just too new to have good homebrew on hand.

I made a beer run this AM to pick up some beers in styles that I enjoy and/or are very popular so that I can experience those beers that are well respected in their category. Here is what is in my beer 'fridge today.

Bear Republic Racer 5 (one bomber, I'll be sharing with my brew buddy to help us in future brewing)
Stone Ruination (one bomber, same reason as above)
North Coast Old Rasputin (4 pack, same reason as above)
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale (6 pack, I love it... and same reason as above)
Pyramid Thunderhead (half a six pack left, future brewing comparison for IPAs)
Pilsner Urquell (1 left from a sixer just a good refreshing beer)
Lagunitas Pils (2 left from a sixer)
Red Stripe (2 left from 6 pack, just sounded good one day, had 2 remembered why I don't often buy it)
Boddingtons pub ale (3 cans from a 4 pack. Been thinking about brewing an common bitter as this is the style my wife likes)
Michelob Ultra (2 bottles left from a 12 pack. Over a year old, left over from a party with Atkins dieters)
Green Light (rolling rock light, 3 left from a 6 pack I bought over the summer when I wanted a really light beer that BMCers would like)
Budweiser (2 cans, I have no idea when those snuck into the ice box, kinda scary really.
O'Douls (1 bottle, I have no idea where this one came from either)
Cock & Bull (1 bottle left from a sixer, not really a beer. My MIL is fond of Moscow Mules)

My pipeline is going to be dry after my Oktoberfest goes and before my IPA is ready, so I've got:

Edenton St. Pumpkinhead => really enjoy
Magic Hat Jinx => not doing it for me
SN Celebration => haven't tried yet, but the hype is killing me
Highland Tasgall Ale => Very nice...saving this one for the right time

Not much. Arrogant Bastard bomber, a couple Anchor Steam, maybe a Hop Devil left. Need to make a beer run this weekend, I'll drink homebrew this week but there are a few styles I want to try before decided whether to brew them or not.

Bridal Ale, IPA Brut, Elemental fresh hop, Ebenezer, Tannin Bomb & maybe a dozen more out in the aging chest. I probably drink as much microbrew as homebrew.

i have managed to keep ahead with homebrew - only beer i have bought in the last year was 2 cases of lakeport to take on a fishing trip in july

I just got a sixer of Sierra Nevada Brown Ale to try. I was not that impressed, I think my brown ale is better.
I also got a few 22s of Young's Oatmeal Stout to try since I think that is what I am going to brew next. It is good, but I'm still not sure if that is what I'll make next or not.
Oh yeah, and a bunch of Bud light for the roommates so they stay out of my homebrew.

the_bird said:
Anchor Steam

I do like Anchor steam too. I picked up a bomber of Anchor's Small beer recently, first time I'd tried it, makes a decent session beer since it is so low in alcohol.

I'd just never had a steam beer before, and it's something I've thought about making. It's still hard for me to describe flavor all that well, it was just kind of a lager with a lot more flavors going on, and a fuller taste to it. I'll probably make some in the spring.

miller_high_life.jpg

:D

1-Stone IPA
1-Stone Ruination
6-Avery Hog Heaven
5-SN Celebration (tasted it last night after hearing the hype...yes it IS good!) What style is it?
1-Fat Tire Amber
2-Stone 10th Anniversary IPA (best IPA ever, IMHO)

Just a small selection.

McEwan's Scotch Ale
Schlossbrauerei Auer Hell
Stone IPA
Stone Arrogant Bastard
Rogue Mocha Porter
Real Ale - Rio Blanco Pale Ale
Left Hand - Milk Stout
Dogfish Head - Raison D'Etre
Dogfish Head - Continuously Hopped IPA
Bridgeport Black Strap Stout
Breckenridge - Trademark Pale Ale
Great Divide - Wild Raspberry Ale
Hofbrau - Oktoberfest

Samuel Adams Boston Lager and Samuel Adams Boston Ale. I had some MGD recently, but I drank it all. I also recently had Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale, Green Valley Brewing's Wild Hops and their Stone Mill (note, these are good for AB beers!).

I've got some local beers here you might never heart off

Westmalle Tripple
Westmalle Trappist http://www.trappistwestmalle.be/
Jupiler pils
Leffe Blond
Hoegaarden blond http://www.inbev.com/
Hoegaarden Verboden vrucht
Trappist Westvleteren http://www.sintsixtus.be/nl/index2.html
Bitburger http://www.bitburger.de/index.php?id=35
Delirium tremens. http://www.delirium.be/ and its true, you'll see pink elphants after a while:rockin:
Chimay http://www.chimay.com/ but they have to stay for a couple of years to get the right taste
and always have Duvel http://duvel.be/in the fridge or basement. :mug:

Cregar,

:off:

I went to your site.......... mmm parts of your logo looked familair. (just ran down to the basement and there it was.......;) ....... Grimbergen.
I took one away from its friends and its sittin in the freezer for now, waiting) hehe
Its great beer.

Some like the smell of napalm but nothings better then the smell of beer brewing in the morning, afternoon or night.

About 1/2 case of Miller Lite. Bought it over the weekend because me and the Mrs. were in the mood to kick back a dozen. Ended up kicking back almost a dozen myself before realizing that all the hard alky I've been drinking has souped up my tolerance something fierce. Switched to Jaeger bombs and homebrew, then woke up on the couch.

Cheesefood said:
About 1/2 case of Miller Lite. Bought it over the weekend because me and the Mrs. were in the mood to kick back a dozen. Ended up kicking back almost a dozen myself before realizing that all the hard alky I've been drinking has souped up my tolerance something fierce. Switched to Jaeger bombs and homebrew, then woke up on the couch.

I know what you're talking about. . .

I was on a medication for awhile that ramped up my liver, so that it took about a case to get drunk. It was no fun, so I stopped taking the medication. (I'm a physician---I can do that, I guess):D

I've got a bunch of Oktoberfest left over:

Paulaner
HB
Spaten
Hacker-Pschoerr
Goose Island Oktoberfest
Avery Kaiser Oktoberfest
Sam Adams Oktoberfest
Several other lesser micro Oktoberfests

Also
Rogue Pale
Boont Valley Pale
Sam Adams BL

Oh, let's see here...*opens fridge door*....

MGD Lite....
Pabst......
Old Milwaukee......
Red Stripe........
Leinienkugel Honey Weiss...
McEwen's Scotch Ale.......

Berghoff Solstice Wit (that's gonna be there awhile-dummy me didn't put 2 and 2 together and didn't realize it had bitter orange in it-blech!)......

Augsburger Golden Lager (technically it's not in the fridge, it's on the shelf. I drink that stuff room temp)......

That's it...nuthin else but some soda, some Smirnoff Black Cherry for SWMBO, some hops, and some washed yeast. Cheers!:mug:

hmmmm....

Old Style, about 10 of a "special edition" 30 pack left
Trader Joe's OctoberFest, maybe 8, trying to build up my bottle collection cheap

After reading that I see the dire need to get more homebrew on the way. of course having roomies who drink anything in their way doesn't help retain quality brew.

Pumbaa said:
5 MGD's
2 Mikes
1 Edmund Fitzgerald Porter

Who makes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter? I assume it's a company in WI considering she sank in Lake Superior (I remember the Gordon Lightfoot song).

Anyway, in my fridge:
1. Yuengling Porter
2. Rogue Mocha Porter
3. Killians Red

Flyin' Lion said:
Who makes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter? I assume it's a company in WI considering she sank in Lake Superior (I remember the Gordon Lightfoot song).

It's from Great Lakes Brewing and I want to say they're from Michigan (since I'm originally from there) and you know, it's pretty popular for the whole Great Lake thing, but the company is out of Cleveland, OH

Running low on beer of all types, but here's a list of what is or recently was in my fridge:

Anchor Porter
Stone Arrogant Bastard
Stone IPA
Pyramid Hefe
Franziskaner Weissbier
New Belgium Sunshine Wheat
Sam Adams Brewmaster's Variety 12-pack (not recommended)
Grölsch (for the bottles...)

And I always keep a case of Bud Light cans around for a couple of friends who always "venture" to try my homebrew but usually remark, "Wow, I bet someone else would really like this. Don't waste it on me, I'll stick to Bud Light." Doesn't bother me - at least they try something new from time to time.

LOL.... afriend of mine has a 16 YO daughter who got obliterated on zima. Now the site of them makes her sick. She had a few laeft and gave them to me. I was thinking target practice at 100 yards......any other suggestions?

Well at one time a few months ago I had close to 100! See here:
http://homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9265&page=2

Now it's mostly the heavier stuff I've been saving.

1. Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye (1 22oz)
2. Red Hook ESB (1 12oz)
3. Stone IPA (1 22oz)
4. Stone Pale Ale (6 12oz - Thanks Monk)

And now the stash

5. Anchor Old Foghorn 2006 (3 12 oz)
6. Moylan's Old Blarney Barleywine (1 22oz)
7. Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine 2006 (3? 12 oz)
8. Stone 10th Anniversary IPA (1 22oz)
9. Stone Old Guardian Barleywine 2006 (2 22oz)
10 Stone Vertical Epic 06.06.06 (I had two but I accidentally broke one :( 1 22oz)

I got a little bit of "Support Pennsylvania" Brew going on in my fridge right now:

1) Michelob Light
2) Victory Brewing Variety Pack containing: HopDevil, Golden Monkey, Lager, and Prima Pils - Gotta support PA #1
3) Weyerbacher Blanche - Gotta support PA #2
4) Appalachian Brewing Company Grinnin Grizzly (their spiced Holiday ale) - Gotta support PA 3rd times a charm

That's it for now...

Currently my fridge has St. George Brewing Company's Porter and the one beer left from a Smuttynose variety pack (that being Shoals Pale Ale). There's also a perry cider in there but that was intended for SWMBO but I may drink it if I run out of beer since she's out of town at the moment. Hey, I could use the bottle!

Maudite
Bomber of Rogue Mocha Porter
Bomber of Rogue Chocolate Stout
Fuller's 1845
Weihenstephaner Original Premium
Bierzbitzch Pilsner
3 bottles of 10 year old homebrew
B/M/C I keep on hand like water...

Ize

So I broke down today and went down to the LHBS to pick up some bottles because I need to bottle this weekend. I paid $11/case for 12oz bottles.

Later I had to make a run to Costco for some stuff and decided to pick up a little brew.

They had Mendocino variety packs AND SN Celebration for $22/case. Since SN is now twist off I ended up with 1 case of MBC beer for only $11/case more than empty bottles. Something is wrong with that math!

so you can add the following to my beer fridge inventory.
Red Tail Ale
Red Tail Lager (my least favorite, I wish they had included Blue Heron PA instead)
Eye of the Hawk
White Hawk IPA.

I stopped by the store today and picked up a few more things, so add these to my previous post:

Belhaven Scottish Ale
Gordon Biersch Winter Double Bock
Lagunitas Maximus IPA
Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale
Stone Arrogant Bastard
Stone Double Bastard

Czechvar
Smithwick's
Boddington's Pub Ale
Red Hook ESB
Stoney Creek Vanilla Porter
Abita Purple Haze
Stoudt's APA
Pete's Wicked Ale
Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale
Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome

I'm getting thirsy now! :rockin:

Leinie's Honey Weiss
Capital Octoberfest (fantastic! Capital brewery is the best)
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale (i really wasn't that crazy about this one, but i guess i'm alone in that...)

After having blown through all of my Red Hook ESB...:eek:

I restocked my beer fridge with the Wild Goose Sampler. (I've already destroyed the porters and the stouts, though!)

Back