You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife is talking about buying a good commuter bike.

I said that sounded like a great idea.... all the while I was planning what brew equipment I would get to buy to keep things 'even' in our budget.

Hope she gets a nice one!!

I said that sounded like a great idea.... all the while I was planning what brew equipment I would get to buy to keep things 'even' in our budget.

Marriage is compromise! I'd get her a conical fermentor type bike[emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

Yeh... until she comes home with 2 matching bikes and then hints that you could use a little exercise. She'll say it's something fun for you two to do together. She'll be so excited, and then you'll have to agree.

See ya later, conical. :(

Yeh... until she comes home with 2 matching bikes and then hints that you could use a little exercise. She'll say it's something fun for you two to do together. She'll be so excited, and then you'll have to agree.

See ya later, conical. :(

Or you could flip it around and see it as she spent twice as much.

When you do a great job of cleaning out all the drains because every so often you clog something up with something homebrewing related and don't want SWMBO to know.

When your stop in a local brew pub for the first time, try their Double IPA, and sit there thinking about how your own IPAs taste better. Then proceed to only have one and head home to drink your own beer.

When you go on a business trip to Germany, see all the swingtop bottles they sell with no extra premium, and start thinking about how many can fit in your suitcase (and what you'll say to Customs when you get diverted to secondary).

When you buy a local beer because it it has a shrink wrap label that's easy to remove so that you can reuse the bottle (with no regard for the taste).

when homebrewing is the only situation in which you burn the **** out of yourself. :rolleyes:

when I don't have to guess twice what the first thing that pops into your head is, when you see this
20170218_104747.jpg

revelation i had today...

when taking out the brew system is just as rewarding/exciting as being able to put it away clean at the end of the day !!

...when you're a 30 year old guy spending sunday noon with the kids... circling local flea markets for a cheap cooking pot (doing it now :D )

Meh, people are asking near new prices from beat up ancient stuff... thinking bout going eBIAB.

...when you're a 30 year old guy spending sunday noon with the kids... circling local flea markets for a cheap cooking pot (doing it now :D )

Meh, people are asking near new prices from beat up ancient stuff... thinking bout going eBIAB.

amazon scratch and dent...another HBT put me onto it. got a giant 20 gallon AL pot with strainer basket and lid for like $48.

When I do not drink more commercial beers, and my friends invite me to all their barbecues, just so I bring them beer.

When you have over 200 bottles but don't bottle anymore but are running out of kegs! Oh well time to buy a bottle straw I guess!

^
^
The dealbreaker for me is ridiculous carriage to Finland... Germany would be somewhat feasible but then again why would I buy a cooking pot if for the same amount of money I could get a Klarstein Beerfest.

When your first thought in the am and also when you get home is "don't forget to switch out the ice bottles in the swamp cooler"...

When you find that your pocket knife is crammed with kernels of barley. They must have gotten there while I was opening a sack of Maris Otter last Friday.

When you ask everyone you know if they have a pressure cooker. They ask "what beer project are you working on now"? Then proceed to tell you they don't have one.

Trying to make starter wort that's ready to pitch when needed.

Also, your kegerator dies and you are frantically looking for a replacement fridge. Like obsessively looking. Especially since you have 10 gallons fermenting and your cringe at thinking you're going to have to bottle it all.

Also, your kegerator dies and you are frantically looking for a replacement fridge. Like obsessively looking. Especially since you have 10 gallons fermenting and your cringe at thinking you're going to have to bottle it all.

You can move this to a keg and add the same priming sugar you would use for bottling. 3 weeks at room temperature and it will be ready to go, just like a giant bottle. So technically, you have 3 weeks to find a fridge! :ban:

You can move this to a keg and add the same priming sugar you would use for bottling. 3 weeks at room temperature and it will be ready to go, just like a giant bottle. So technically, you have 3 weeks to find a fridge! :ban:

Good point, I will keep that in mind. Never naturally carbonated in a keg before, but theres always a first for everything. ;) Thanks for the suggestion! :mug:

Back