What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gosh, You guys are makin me wanna whip out my Sucks and get my sucks-on!:cross: Think Ill leave that for a better day of a little less already consumed,as it is one to appreciate in a more raw/sober state. That and I probably only have 3 left.:)

jonmohno said:
Gosh, You guys are makin me wanna whip out my Sucks and get my sucks-on!:cross: Think Ill leave that for a better day of a little less already consumed,as it is one to appreciate in a more raw/sober state. That and I probably only have 3 left.:)

I'm now down to two! Now that sucks! :(

Only light I have that is decent happens to be on a back porch... And man it is cold out here!

image-2926677506.jpg

I grabbed this on a whim and it's not bad! Light malt, flowery hops, and no skunkage thanks to can. I also picked up a Simtra. I hope it's good for $13! I've never paid so much for a bomber of IPA.

image-4276410214.jpg

funkadelicturkey said:
yeah about that....the bottle said bacon on it so my brain forced me to buy it. I think it taste like overly smoked water, I was going to say ribs but I'm not getting any pork besides the smoke flavor. The body is really thin, like I'm drinking natural light. There is a little bit of pleasant hop bitterness. Definitely a one time buy.

I am really hoping I can recoup some of the cost of this beer by harvesting the yeast from it.

Chalk it up to another good reason to never buy rogue again. I cancelled my NHC banquet tickets because its all rogue beer,

TNGabe said:
Chalk it up to another good reason to never buy rogue again. I cancelled my NHC banquet tickets because its all rogue beer,

Not a fan either. I think if Rogue and DFH did a compilation beer it would actually start Beermegeddon, in which all barley and hop crops completely fail as a response from the earth for the crappiest and weirdest beer ever made.

Lagunitas cappuccino stout. Not my favorite from them, but not sure ill be up for the hop stoopid after this. Only $3.50 in NC.

Had a Belgian golden strong strong (11%) and a good saison at wedge earlier. Draft only brewery on Asheville, really pleasant when it's not busy.

bottlebomber said:
Not a fan either. I think if Rogue and DFH did a compilation beer it would actually start Beermegeddon, in which all barley and hop crops completely fail as a response from the earth for the crappiest and weirdest beer ever made.

I've always been underwhelmed by rogue's beers and the whole treating people who's name ends in z like they're less than human really bothers me.

bottlebomber said:

Hey, Rogue is awesome! But DFH does blow!!

Midwestern/Chicago suburb stuff worth checking out probably moreso (duh) when fresher.Although this can-surprisingly, maybe-probably aged; remindes me of an aged Sprecher (WI) double ipa herbally/B-vitamins/malty. Id love to visit the this brewpub as well as Two Brothers and Three Floydes-hopefully soon. Damn tolls,gasprices are enough@! Its what makes Chicago suck, not to mention the rape of parking there , when I use to go to concerts there. And that was many years ago,now I dont even want to know!

hopslayer.jpg

jonmohno said:
Midwestern/Chicago suburb stuff worth checking out probably moreso (duh) when fresher.Although this can-surprisingly, maybe-probably aged; remindes me of an aged Sprecher (WI) double ipa herbally/B-vitamins/malty. Id love to visit the this brewpub as well as Two Brothers and Three Floydes-hopefully soon. Damn tolls,gasprices are enough@!

Three Floyds is pretty cool. But I really enjoyed visiting Two Brothers. Great beer, fantastic food. In the week I was in Chicago last year I went to Two Brothers twice.

bottlebomber said:
Yeah that Bacon Maple was a real hit :O==

I will beat you to within an inch of your life! :p
I haven't tried the Bacon Maple yet, but would actually like to. I will be honest. Rogue's beers don't stand out as being the best thing out there. But I'll always like them because that was some if the first craft beer I started drinking.

So many decisions... Stone Ruination, Deschutes HopHenge, Bells Smitten, Founders Red Rye, Surly Abrasive, Great River Hop a potamus, home brew. I think I will just have them all. :tank:

I'm slowly enjoying the Yamazaki 12. I'm not sure if six extra years would make that much of a difference. I like it, but it reminds me of a Lexus: it's more consistent, cleaner, and technically superior to the Scotch it's trying to duplicate, but the Scotch has an air of unpredictability that the Yamazaki cannot have.

I will beat you to within an inch of your life! :p
I haven't tried the Bacon Maple yet, but would actually like to. I will be honest. Rogue's beers don't stand out as being the best thing out there. But I'll always like them because that was some if the first craft beer I started drinking.

Northwestern is great,I think they have some really good ones like juniper pale also. And they also have some that are just terrible.Their mead and rye beer just to name a few. Dead guy was one of the first craft beers Ive ever had and was one of the select few available, I kinda liked that one and kinda didnt, I still feel that way. Stones- Arrogant bastard was another of the first more available, I think I liked that one a little more and I still do today.But moreso today the lucky and oaked.:mug:

Drinking My house ESB. The Keg is almost gone and it's to the point of perfect clarity and hoppy-malty merriness. It seems so bittersweet (pun intended) the last part is always in perfect unison.

bottlebomber said:
Man you must be just hammered.. ;)

No, its just easy to make threats to someone halfway across the country. ;)
And I'm almost out of Sucks, so I'm mad about that.

WesleyS said:
No, its just easy to make threats to someone halfway across the country. ;)
And I'm almost out of Sucks, so I'm mad about that.

Can't you just drive to the store and buy more? Isn't it available pretty much everywhere?

Poured my very first beer on my new kegerator. It's an oat mild coming in at 3.8%. Massive flavors for this beer. I think I got my house beer. And the little guy is my ipa I just kegged. It's different, it has a melon/citrus to it. I think it was the experimental hop I used. I took it from the bottom so it has a lot of trub.

ForumRunner_20130222_215307.png

Alesmith IPA,really? A beer this good? And the lower price it has? Nope,too good to be true. This is great but damn... their bloody valentine? holy craps.

On to my Irish Red. My taste buds don't know how to adjust after 3 Sucks...Anyone have a Sucks clone recipe??? I need MORE!!!!!

Back