Cleaning a 1/2 barrel keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatkahuna29

Reaction score
About 2 months ago I built a kegerator. Sadly 2 weeks later I had to go out of town for work. My brother went to walmart and had the keg filled with coors. I want to get the keg refilled but it has been sitting at room temp for a month. Do I need to clean this before filling it? If so how do I go about doing this?

I don't understand your question. Because they don't refill a commercial keg at the distributor they exchange only. The brewery takes the used keg cleans it and refills it then it goes to the distributor.

The keg you have isn't the same keg as the one that your bother returned.

About 2 months ago I built a kegerator. Sadly 2 weeks later I had to go out of town for work. My brother went to walmart and had the keg filled with coors. I want to get the keg refilled but it has been sitting at room temp for a month. Do I need to clean this before filling it? If so how do I go about doing this?

If he went to walmart (didn't know they did kegs), he exchanged it.

Do you want to put homebrew in the keg or just get more BudMilOors?

Try cooling it an drinking it. Probably will taste the same.

Back