Please help me select a "dedication" beer recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew Alchemy

Reaction score
A few friends of mine have really gone out of their way to help me build a brewing system. These guys by trade have access to all of the good stuff needed for brewing and they've been "losing" stock for weeks now in an effort to help me.

I REALLY want to dedicate my first batch to them to show my appreciation. I just don't know what to brew for them.

They're an all Irishmen group and the drinking stereotype defiantly applies here. They like the strong stuff but none of them are big on Irish beer. I'm guessing they're deprived and just don't know how good German beer is. But whatever.

Any suggestions out there for a first-brew dedication for a beautiful bunch of Irish, blue-collar lushes who don't champion Guinness?

I'm all ears.

Super easy, tastes fantastic..better than vitamin G IMHO and is ready to drink PDQ (just don't tell em about the Dry English yeast ;) ):

Dry Stout
13-A Dry Stout

29.jpg

Size: 5.14 gal
Efficiency: 70.0%
Attenuation: 79.0%
Calories: 135.27 kcal per 12.0 fl oz

Original Gravity: 1.041 (1.036 - 1.050)
|=============#==================|
Terminal Gravity: 1.009 (1.007 - 1.011)
|==============#=================|
Color: 29.12 (25.0 - 40.0)
|============#===================|
Alcohol: 4.24% (4.0% - 5.0%)
|===========#====================|
Bitterness: 38.0 (30.0 - 45.0)
|================#===============|

Ingredients:
6.0 lb English 2-row Pale
1.75 lb Barley Flaked
13.0 oz Roast Barley
2.0 oz Acidulated Malt
1.85 oz Goldings (4.7%) - added during boil, boiled 60 min
.5 tsp Irish Moss - added during boil, boiled 15 min
1 ea White Labs WLP007 Dry English Ale

[size=-1]Results generated by BeerTools Pro 1.5.5b[/size]

....a dry stout. You're awesome.

Just one Q on the recipe, though. Am I reading right that no "flavor/aroma" hop additions are made? Just the Goldings @ boil for 60 and moss 15 before end?

Brew Alchemy said:
....a dry stout. You're awesome.

Just one Q on the recipe, though. Am I reading right that no "flavor/aroma" hop additions are made? Just the Goldings @ boil for 60 and moss 15 before end?

Yep...and the goldings amount is a kinda funky amount to keep the addition under 40 IBUs. You can adjust for your actual alpha % and preferences if required. I brewed this recipe for St. Pat's and people tore through it. I just started cracking bottles on the second batch :mug:

Back