Pearland TX water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronlalonde

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Are there any additives i need for my water when i start all grain brewing next month? I live in Lakes at Highland Glen in Pearland

thanks

Reverse osmosis water - purified water with minerals removed, like distiller water, only created in a different way. Usually fairly readily available, and not too expensive...

Most of the grocery stores in the area will have kiosks setup to dispense RO water. runs about 35 cents a gallon.

Here's the 2012 report. It's lacking just about everything we care about... 2012 Report

The 2005 report has all the useful brewing info, but is 8 years old and not really applicable any longer. 2005 Report

I just emailed the City of Pearland Public Works department for more info. I'll let you know what I find.

Here's what they sent me:

Calcium-30.9
Magnesium-6.74
Sodium-190
Chloride- 89.3
Sulfate-14.3
Alkalinity-224
ph-8.05
Hardness-103

I thought it had tasted a bit salty! :)

In case people are still wondering. Just got my report from Ward Labs today.

Screenshot_2014-03-11-14-23-43.jpg

That's great to see actual lab results! Thanks for sharing! It's interesting to see that most of the values are very close to what the city provided me. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back