Bottom Drain Sanke to Tri-clover adapter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to flip my rubberized Keg upside down and use it as a bottom drain HLT. I've seen a Sanke-to-Tri-Clover adapter in person, but have not been able to find where to find the stuff to do this.

I'm looking to go with 1/2 threaded and go 90 degrees on the Tri-clover.

Is there an adapter? Or how does it fit into the sanke port? I have the Dip tubes from my kegs, and may only need to buy new locking rings to hold them in place.

This setup would allow me to do bottom drain without removing the rubber. (Still have to do a small section on the side for the Electric element, but that's ok)

So the Tri-Clover stuff mounts right to the Sanke on the keg?

Almost...

You need to either get a Sanke-to-TriClamp Gasket from StPats or Brewer's Hardware for $2, or take a regular 2" silicone triclover gasket and shave the ridge off of one side with a razor. The gasket has to sit flush on the sanke side.

Until I found the pre-formed gaskets, I was doing the latter with good success.

Yeah I found the same to be the case. I went with a 2" to 1/2"npt fitting and attached a street elbow and a 8"x1/2" nipple to my ballvalve to clear the bottom of the keg.

-G

That is cool. I can order all that in one place. I thought I needed a special adapter to fit the Tri-Clover to the sanke opening.

You are a life-saver!

What I have on the bottom of my MLT now is this and this and stretch 1/2" silicone tubing over the hose barb. That in turn goes to my pump and tri-clover RIMS tube that I also got from brewer's hardware.

I'm just going with plain full bore 1/2" valves and barbs under the HLT and BK. The heat will kill anything I can't flush out of there. I gotta save money somewhere...

Back