What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398810801.310105.jpg

It's definitely called guanábana in Puerto Rico. I pick them off of trees at my grandparents' home. My grandfather and I hammer those. Such a great-tasting fruit.

Gotcha. It's soursop in Barbados and St kitts. Guess it's guanabana in Spanish speaking countries, which makes sense.

Attachments

• 1398812256446.jpg
    1398812256446.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 81
Ohhhhhhh daaaamn! Heard they were gonna do Ten Fidy Nitro cans too. Having my sour stout before hitting the bottle shop for a few selections.

I'm going to go a very of ten fidy. Nitro cans count me in. We need to trade out sour stouts. I just bottles mine and it is delicious. Planning to brew/start another sour tomorrow

Celebratory adult beverage as I just closed and sold my rental home.

Happy to be out of the landlord game?

So after his crappy day I actually was going to grab a beer to drink on the train ride home. Surprisingly, after looking over all the 40oz cans of Bud and Miller, after carefully reviewing the 12+ varieties of ShockTop, I settled for a Diet Pepsi. :mad:

Probably for the best - just kept me on track in a moment of weakness.

How's the Firestone Double Jack? Bought some a month ago and haven't opened one yet.

It's solid. Not Gandhi solid. But I prefer my IPAs overly-hopped. Double Jack is a great example of a perfectly-balanced IPA. Gandhi is just in-your-face with the hops. Literally smells like you just opened a bag of hops.

Sculpin is my favorite west coast IPA. I find the west coast IPAs are more balanced and as a result, too malty for my tastes. I enjoy them. Don't get me wrong. But I usually fall for the ridiculously-hopped beers.

To give an example, Two Hearted is great and I could drink it all day. But it's just more or a malty beer than I like even though the bottle says something to the effect of intensely-hopped.

Happy to be out of the landlord game?

Definitely, man. I am so happy this is over. I never thought I'd sell that house. I also sold to current tenants (they've rented for 1 year) and avoided real estate commission!

I'm going to go a very of ten fidy. Nitro cans count me in. We need to trade out sour stouts. I just bottles mine and it is delicious. Planning to brew/start another sour tomorrow

From what I read Left Hand helped them develop nitro can technology. And I def have a trade planned with you soon. Ill save some for you, Id love to try someone elses take on a sour stout.

From what I read Left Hand helped them develop nitro can technology. And I def have a trade planned with you soon. Ill save some for you, Id love to try someone elses take on a sour stout.

Cool. I got plenty right now but it'll go quickly. Let me know when you want to trade. I'll be down.

oh man, you are going to have a blast! saw them last summer, amazing. didnt know they were on tour again!!!!

They released a new album last year which is amazing. This is a spur of the moment thing. Need to see them close counters. Saw them twice before but in the nose bleeds.

Seeing to a dies next week too :ban:

Celebratory adult beverage as I just closed and sold my rental home.

View attachment 196411

Congrats!

Yea, I believe it's known as soursop in the Caribbean and guanabana in central/south america. One of the people at the table was from the Philippines and said they call it guyabano.

Yeah. Explains a lot. The person I was visiting even had a tree in their yard... Just to high up to pick.

Definitely not #properglassware. Trying out my $0.97 find.

Remy, your ESB was nice. Good balance of malt and bitter. Definitely would drink again.

Then on to a alpha ale, rinse and repeat.

Probably time to eat something.

Attachments

• 1398813357212.jpg
    1398813357212.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 1398813430702.jpg
    1398813430702.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 1398813499867.jpg
    1398813499867.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 1398813621417.jpg
    1398813621417.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 88
It's solid. Not Gandhi solid. But I prefer my IPAs overly-hopped. Double Jack is a great example of a perfectly-balanced IPA. Gandhi is just in-your-face with the hops. Literally smells like you just opened a bag of hops.

Sculpin is my favorite west coast IPA. I find the west coast IPAs are more balanced and as a result, too malty for my tastes. I enjoy them. Don't get me wrong. But I usually fall for the ridiculously-hopped beers.

To give an example, Two Hearted is great and I could drink it all day. But it's just more or a malty beer than I like even though the bottle says something to the effect of intensely-hopped.

Posting twice in a row, sigh.

Try the wookie jack - a rye version of the double jack. You would love it.

Dave37's Belgian Dubbel. Really nice beer, man. Wish you'd have submitted it to NHC. It would've been as much a pleasure to judge almost as much as it is a pleasure to relax and enjoy a full bomber at home.

1398814813578.jpg

Dave37's Belgian Dubbel. Really nice beer, man. Wish you'd have submitted it to NHC. It would've been as much a pleasure to judge almost as much as it is a pleasure to relax and enjoy a full bomber at home.

You're really gonna make me go downstairs and open Dave's dubbel now, arentcha?

Congrats on selling a house, seeing the peppers, and whatever else I missed.

Decided work sucks and I needed a brewery tour around 3 today.

Renegade bloody'ell - was supposed to be a blood orange Belgian. Not so much.
The black saison was much better.

TRVE IPA was pretty tasty.

And now I'm back home

1398815449943.jpg

1398815543246.jpg

1398815622489.jpg

1398815636538.jpg

Congrats on selling a house, seeing the peppers, and whatever else I missed.

Decided work sucks and I needed a brewery tour around 3 today.

Renegade bloody'ell - was supposed to be a blood orange Belgian. Not so much.
The black saison was much better.

TRVE IPA was pretty tasty.

And now I'm back home

How's the real ale? Glad they made that a year round now

Back