I had a 67 GTO; What was your teenage musclecar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
89<----not sure, dodge power 50
76 camaro Z28
1991 camaro RS
1992 Blazer S-10 2 door
1976 Full size Chevy truck 6" lift 350 holly high rise and holly 650 dbl pumper with a 8' snow plow (this truck rocked)
then I started in the car business and haven’t drove the same car for over a month for the last 10 years in that time have had some sweet cars
now I am restoring a
1972 Jaguar XKE This is my all time dream car

My first baby...
Got her on my 16th birthday (it was 1995, just to date myself)
A 1969 Pontiac Lemans
250 OHC
166 HP
about 15,000# curb weight.
I miss the hell out of that car.
myfirstcar.jpg

Oh hell yeah. This one was a bit slow off the line, but the ladies liked it:

1981rabbit.jpg

F**K yeah! Ladies love that 100 HP:ban:

I have a 1997 VW jetta daily.....

And a 1967 Fire-engine red ford mustang with a 289 with 36xxx original miles on it parked in the garage. I'll post pics when I get home. Mint interior, fresh paint, not a nic, dent, or scratch on her!:rockin:

'86 ford ranger! no power brakes, no power steering, no power locks, no power windows, no power from the engine.

That sounds like my Metro. The nice thing about this list is there was very little to go wrong and little to crowd the engine bay. That 1.0l looked small even in the engine bay of a Metro. :D

Craig

First muscle car, second car (the first one was a 1992 Grand Am hand-me-down POS).
1970 Ford Torino GT Convertible, 429 (0.060 over), C6, 9" (3.00 gears). The color is Arrival Blue Metallic (2003 Silverado SS color), notice the black Le Mans stripes (my own design, executed by someone who knows what the hell they're doing in a paint booth).
DSC00003.jpg

I was 18 when I bought it, and it looked more like this.
Retrieval_01.jpg

The Torino (still looking like crap) was followed by the one on the left (pony cars are close enough, right?), to replace the 1992 Grand Am which had become too unreliable to ferry me home from college. It was replaced by the one on the right when I graduated.
MustangPickUp-11.jpg

I also have the 1963 Fairlane 2-door hardtop below, purchased ~1 month after I started my job. It's a 200 cid 6 banger but it's impressively original with just over 7500 miles! I've also got a similar car (pillarless sedan) in black. However, there's no engine in that one, just a roll cage, tube frame, and ladder bars...
Fairlane-04.jpg

So uh.... you're a Chevy fan then? (I Kid, I kid!)

A Fairlane is on my short list of cars-I'd-start-renovating. Always loved the things, they're just so purdy! That's a frickin' nice Torino - you did good!

:mug:69 El Camino(14 moving violations in less than a year)
78 Formula Firebird( Ex-wife took in divorce)
74 Pontiac LeMans(bought 69 Camero)
69 Camero SS( Got married again and needed truck)
I have a 2001 Camero now along with my wife.:D

1997 Z28 Camaro. Had it since 97. It is under the knife right now. Im slapping in a forged 383 with nice port polished heads and matched cam. Its going to sound like a pop corn machine!

Back