GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McSons of Anarchy.

My wife watched a bunch of eps this weekend. Blech. She's got a thing for bad boys with issues.

Meanwhile, my older daughter turned me on to Rick and Morty. We watched the last few eps of season 2. Can't wait for the new season to come out!

Season 1 is on Hulu. Season 2 is on sale at Amazon.

I think Season 2 is coming to Hulu pretty soon, so maybe wait a bit before springing for it on Amazon.

Meanwhile, my older daughter turned me on to Rick and Morty. We watched the last few eps of season 2. Can't wait for the new season to come out!

Season 1 is on Hulu. Season 2 is on sale at Amazon.

Rick & Morty is one of my favorite shows.
Ep 1 season 2 is brilliant, just like the rest of the series.

I think Season 2 is coming to Hulu pretty soon, so maybe wait a bit before springing for it on Amazon.

Too late. She already paid for the season on Amazon and we already watched them all!

Also, Angie Tribeca season 2 came on last night. So far it doesn't seem as fast and furious with the jokes as season 1, but it was late and I was tired by the time we got back from watching Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping at the movies.

CkW0PPkXIAAezdx.jpg

Just finished "Jaco" on Netflix.
Documentary about the greatest electric bass player, ever!

I just watched Chelsea Peretti's comedy special ("One of the Greats"). I really didn't expect much, but it was actually pretty damn funny

This doc just makes me happy. You don't need to be a baseball fan to love this one.

Interesting. I bet my wife would even watch this. She loves feel good sports movies, even though she is less than lukewarm to sports in general. I think she just likes shows that overcome the odds.

Guys at work just told me to avoid "Snowpiercer" at all costs. The critical reviews were almost uniformly highly positive. A couple of guys here said it was the worst 2 hours they have spent. And it's supposed to be a sci-fi flick, so you kind of expect the critics to pan it and the public to enjoy it more. Kind of backwards here.

That said, I'm not afraid of a bad movie. Especially a Sci-fi movie. Especially a movie that has all of the remainder of humanity circumnavigating the globe on a TRAIN to avoid a sudden Ice Age. The haves in front, the have-nots in the back. I'm sure there's some kind of class struggle being hinted at here.

Guys at work just told me to avoid "Snowpiercer" at all costs. The critical reviews were almost uniformly highly positive. A couple of guys here said it was the worst 2 hours they have spent. And it's supposed to be a sci-fi flick, so you kind of expect the critics to pan it and the public to enjoy it more. Kind of backwards here.

That said, I'm not afraid of a bad movie. Especially a Sci-fi movie. Especially a movie that has all of the remainder of humanity circumnavigating the globe on a TRAIN to avoid a sudden Ice Age. The haves in front, the have-nots in the back. I'm sure there's some kind of class struggle being hinted at here.

It's not going to "blow your mind" but, it does have some interesting aspects. Worth a watch for free. Watched it about a year ago with my son. he still makes references to it.

It's not going to "blow your mind" but, it does have some interesting aspects. Worth a watch for free. Watched it about a year ago with my son. he still makes references to it.

Agreed. Worth checking out. Definitely "watchable". I enjoyed it. But I enjoy most end of the world movies

We were discussing the absurdity of the entire plot and I asked if it was possible that they just missed one very important fact that would render the main plot point believable?

They conceded that yes, it was possible that there was one very tiny and yet very important fact they missed and they it would indeed make the movie much more enjoyable (from steaming pile, so it's all relative...)

I'll be watching for some hint of something that makes the entire thing believable.

I really liked Snowpiercer. Never heard of people down right hating it(outside of internet reviews), usually at worst I hear the response "eh it was OK, some good scenes. But it was too unbelievable and not enough action to merit the thread bare plot."

I did just watch His Girl Friday and loved it. I think it is leaving streaming this weekend so hurry up if you have not seen it.

Has "The Returned" been discussed yet? I watched the first episode last night and will check out the second tonight.

If you're a child of the 80s, you should watch Psych. It's also good if you're not, but those if us that remember that time can better appreciate the non stop pop culture references. I really enjoy it anyway.

I really enjoyed that one. Didn't see all the episodes, but watched a bunch when the kids were into it. Lassie went on to be in Supernatural and Galavant. He's actually a pretty diverse actor. (Although I am not sure you'll be able to see him in Galavant Season 3. Although I really liked Season 1, I think they barely snuck a second season in there.)

If you're a child of the 80s, you should watch Psych. It's also good if you're not, but those if us that remember that time can better appreciate the non stop pop culture references. I really enjoy it anyway.

SWMBO and myself watched Psyche during its original run. Good show. Did not take itself seriously and was just a silly watch.

Currently watching the Voltron reboot with my son, he loves it.
My opinion:
It does not suck!

I love Psych, such a silly fun show

Pretty sure masonsjax words of wisdom killed the thread omg.

Recently with one of my teens we've been watching "Young & Hungry." There are suggestive moments at times but for the most part it's innocuous. The cast makes you want to reach through the screen and strangle the stupidity out of them but since I frequented that emotion while living in that area I chalked it up to authenticity. That said, the resemblance of the sister of the 6th Sense kid to him is pretty uncanny. Not sure why his name skips my brain atm and sanity screams back at me that Haley Joe Osmond isn't the right name...

Surprised no one has mentioned Stranger Things. Great new Netflix original. Worth binge watching.

Stranger Things....damn just mentioned. This is getting better three shows in. First one is kind obvious like a sledge hammer with the character building, but it gets a bit more fun. Loving toothless the most. LOL.

Not sure if mentioned yet, but Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is pretty good. The wife and I started watching it a couple weeks ago and are about halfway thru. It's a comedy-musical and I generally can't stand musicals, but the musical parts are entertaining in that Flight of the Conchords sort of way.

Speaking of Flight of the Conchords, if you haven't seen it and have Amazon Prime (or HBO), it's definitely worth checking out.

We are also just getting into The Last Kingdom. Only a couple eps in, but so far, so good.

Wife is binging that right now. Looks pretty good, but I already have more than I can handle in TV shows.

Actually, I think she's moved on to Roadies now.

Just started Stranger Things myself. On episode 3 and its interesting so far. I recommend Marco Polo, season 2 just came out recently.

Back