First Graff attempt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazamodo

Reaction score
So, i just followed the recipie completely, although im a complete noob so not sure if i did it correctly. For crystal malt, i used, crushed crystal malt, not sure if it was 60l or 120l (not sure what these even mean).

I put the crystal malt and wheat into a pot of enough water for 30 mins at 155 degreees, then poured the right amount of water at 170 degrees when it had finished.

Then added some DME (dark malt exract????) and boiled.

I then put it with the juice in demijons, as i have no hops at hand, so did not add any, but 30 mins in demijons i have a good 2 inch of sediment, i this normal? And will it still ferment?

Thanks

Rob

P.s. Just bottled my very first hard cider, pressed lots of sweet/tart apples about 2 months ago, and just bottled it, and i have to say im very very pleased. For a first cider, make that anything brewed ever, its awsome =]

Best of luck to you.

DME is normally Dry Malt Extract (DME) as opposed to Liquid Malt Extract (LME). But maybe it was DDME :p

Back