What will happen to my beer when i die?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
make it clear to your loved ones that it should be consumed after your funeral. the best way to celebrate your life after your death.

make it clear to your loved ones that it should be consumed after your funeral. the best way to celebrate your life after your death.

That's great and everything, but if my pride and joy Tripel isn't quite ready I'm afraid my loved ones won't fully appreciate my work.

Also, most of my loved ones are tee-totaling Baptists!

Do you know something about your demise that we don't know? Are you sick or suicidal?

Seriously though, when I had my heart surgery last year that was a concern of mine. But talked to a couple of my homebrewing buddies, many who I met through this awesome place, about it seriously, and we made plans. My biggest concern was the 5 year/50th birthday barelywine, that we brewed- The plan was that if I died, one of the guys would take care of the beer, finish bulk aging it, bottling it and storing it, then making sure it got shared with my friends and family in memory of me on my 50th birthday like planned. All the other beers my Beer Geek friends would all share as they wished.

Since you are in Alabama, have your relatives drop it off for the governor's ball and make sure they tell them its your homebrew.

My wife told me once that I better be careful at work because if anything ever happens she's tossing everything out with the trash and using my beer room as a closet.

I've told family before since I don't mark dates on my brews, just remember, when in doubt, to wait at least 3 weeks to ensure it's carbed.

On the second thought, maybe I should mark a couple, so they have something to enjoy at my funeral. ;)

Reminds me of a song:
"In heaven there is no beer, no beer,
Thats why we drink it here, right here,
And when we're gone from here,
Our friends will be drinking all our beer."

I think thats part of the Canada National anthem.

What will happen to my beer when i die?

I believe they cask-it.

Hey!
drum_kit_smiley.gif

I have a "Wake Box" in the beer cellar. My family and close friends know about, and my wishes to have an Irish Wake when I die. Just make sure that everything is labeled and dated if possible. The lower ABV stuff wont age well, but the big beers/sours/etc will be enjoyed .

Pretty sure my wife and friends will consume all of it before the funeral even happens. If not, the keezer will probably make an appearance at the funeral. What's left in fermenters will probably just be thrown out if they can't drink it or keg it immediately.

Then it will all go for sale on Craigslist to the highest bidder.

weirdboy said:
I should consider adding a stipulation to my will that nobody gets anything unless they kill all the kegs before the funeral ends.

Put the keg on top of my coffin. What a party.

I was thinking about this because a few weeks ago I thought I had colon cancer or some othe serious malady. Thanks to the help of this forum and some more research I found out that my increased consumption of homebrew is the cause of some digestive "difficulty". Further research led me to the cause of what I thought was a bleeding colon - pepto bismal that I was taking for the, ahem, "difficulties". I'm now getting much more acclimated to the living food I've been drinking so much more of the last few months. Home brewing has gone from a hobby to a lifestyle. I love it.

The physical beer isn't a big issue, just make sure to post all your good recipes on HBT before you kick the bucket so that you and your beer can live in infamy.

Two scotsman were having a discussion. One said, "when I die lad, sprinkle a bottle of scotch over my grave". The other replied, "do you mind if it passes through me kidneys first?"

Back