Ninkasi Believer Double Red Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKBrew

Reaction score
Serving Size: 22oz Bottle
Specs: 6.9% ABV, 60 IBU

Ninkasi Website

Appearance: Pours a dark reddish brown with a white, rapidly dissipating head. Minimal lacing on the sides of the glass.

Aroma- Caramel and chocolate with piney hops

Taste- Mostly caramel and chocolate malts, subdued piney hop presence coats the back and roof of the mouth. Another beer that gets better as it warms. It seems like there should be a bit more flavor based on the aroma.

Mouthfeel: Moderately carbonated, creamy.

Overall: This beer reminds me something I've had before, but I can't remember what. It's pretty damned good. I think I was expecting something hoppier, but this beer seems to be more malt focused. I'm going to give it a B overall. It's a decent beer and something I wouldn't mind cloning and putting on tap.

Leaving out the Beer Advocate link this time, because it looks like a bunch of tards wrote the reviews on this one.

We went to a Beer/Food paring dinner last night that featured Ninkasi beers. Jamie mentioned that the Believer Double Red was inspired by Jubelation but with American hops. It was his first seasonal, but decided later to make it a year around product.

Oh man, this one is great on tap, never much liked it in the bottle, but on tap it's like candy. I ended up drinking 3 pints of this one night and got pretty druk, you can't taste the high abv at all.

This is a fantastic red ale, very smooth and super malty. Probably my all time second favorite red behind Mac n Jack's African Amber. I'd like to try cloning it sometime.

Back