What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawnhulio

Reaction score
I'm hoping to find some new things to listen to, my music tastes are pretty wide-ranging but am always looking for something new to sample. I'd like to see people post what they're listening to RIGHT NOW (embarrassing or not) to try out... maybe others will do the same. So I'll start... :ban:

Artist: Goldie Lookin' Chain
Song: Bad Luck

I've been literally stuck in a loop lately, between the live recording of "The Wall" and the studio version (my boys bought me a huge PF boxed set that had both recordings plus the live video and a whole crap ton of extra bits). I design computer hardware from a well-equipped home office and can crank up the 5.1 'til the walls shake all day long. Might sound counter-intuitive, but it really helps me get into "full immersion mode".

Yeah, I'm chronologically ancient...

Cheers! ;)

Speaking of hillbilly, I am out in the garage brewing a Dubbel right now, listening to Hayseed Dixie...they cover a lot of the old standbys like 'Ace of Spades' and 'Walk This Way'...bluegrass style. Its always fun to find a different take on them. Plus, it drives the terrible garage band two doors down NUTS.:rockin:

If you like Hayseed Dixie you might enjoy Iron Horse. They do some great Bluegrass covers of Heavy Metal and Rock bands. They got two Metallica cover albums and a couple of other albums of like Van Halen and whatnot. I really dig the Metallica covers the best, even though I'm a big VH fan.

I'm not currently listening to music. It's kind of early yet. In a bit I'll probably switch on the Spotify. Feels like a good day for Smooth 80's. Maybe some Spandau Ballet.

Homercidal said:
If you like Hayseed Dixie you might enjoy Iron Horse. They do some great Bluegrass covers of Heavy Metal and Rock bands. They got two Metallica cover albums and a couple of other albums of like Van Halen and whatnot. I really dig the Metallica covers the best, even though I'm a big VH fan.

I'm not currently listening to music. It's kind of early yet. In a bit I'll probably switch on the Spotify. Feels like a good day for Smooth 80's. Maybe some Spandau Ballet.

Thanks for the recommendation - will check them out. Along this line, Honeywagon is pretty good (they do a cover of 'All The Small Things' that's pretty good) and Cornbread Red does a version of 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' that, IMHO, is a better version of Green Day's.

Right now I'm in a bit of a funk due to work crap and am listening to sludge rock right now ... Clutch, Mastodon, Fu Manchu, and to trip it up a bit an occasional Mr. Bungle tune thrown in for variety. And now off to get a beer...

Honeywagon is pretty sweet! Just listened to the Michael Jackson tribute album. Moving on to Blink 182. I'm not familiar with them as well, so we'll see how it goes.

Sounds like they don't censor the swear words on this one...

I just came across a Bluegrass Cover Band called The Cleverlys doing a remake of the Super Mario Theme song.

Pay attention at the very end. I think it's pretty funny...

Last edited by a moderator:
Honeywagon is pretty sweet! Just listened to the Michael Jackson tribute album. Moving on to Blink 182. I'm not familiar with them as well, so we'll see how it goes.

Sounds like they don't censor the swear words on this one...

Uncensored swear words are always the best. :rockin:

I just came across a Bluegrass Cover Band called The Cleverlys doing a remake of the Super Mario Theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWYX_wtzJ0

Pay attention at the very end. I think it's pretty funny...

Hilarious!

Plus, I love that they're playing in a bathroom.

And now it's time for iTunes roulette... and it's 'Lusid', by ohGr... :) Nivek Ogre from Skinny Puppy for anyone familiar with them.

always a cross between sinatra and tool with everything in between... i'm an ABC guy (anything but country)

no dig on country, per se, it's not my fault it sucks. ;)

jtakacs said:
always a cross between sinatra and tool with everything in between... i'm an ABC guy (anything but country)

no dig on country, per se, it's not my fault it sucks. ;)

Nice, lol... Country is one genre of which there is little of in my collection. Do like me some Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash, tho.

Currently listening to some "New" Glassjaw (over a year old, but for them, that's new).

Selah Sue, a Belgian artist from my homeland that is begining to make a name for herself in the US. She like good beer too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blind Melon is on right now. I just listen to them over and over again. I have since the mid 90's. It brings me back to a time in my life I dont want to let go of yet. This was a very under-rated band.

This very moment: Freddie McGregor's album "Big Ship". Excellent and very mellow roots reggae.

Mother

Danzig on Pandora

Sober

Tool on Pandora

Like us some Tool and Puscifer. Caught a Puscifer show a while back at a small venue here in Portland, it was awesome.

Right now Marvin Gaye is crooning 'Trouble Man ' whilst I enjoy a libation. :mug:

Avenged sevenfold is rocking now. City of Evil is an incredible album. He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man!!!
Another huge TOOL head here. Lateralus has been played a million times. Spiral out.

Back