Boulder CO beer fundraiser Sat Sept. 17th

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moti_mo

Reaction score
Hello Front Range Colorado beer enthusiasts,

I wanted to let you know about a fundraiser we're throwing on Saturday, September 17th in Boulder. A group of friends and I have been putting together fundraisers for a number of years now, and last year we stumbled upon the perfect formula – beer, food, music, and bikes.

The fundraiser is a Great American Beer Festival style beer tasting featuring four homebrewers (me and 3 other friends) who each brew 3 or 4 unique brews to share with the thirsty masses. One of my beers will be a pro-am entry that I brewed with Funkwerks this summer. This year we also have some of the best pro breweries in Boulder donating and pouring kegs. So Boulder Beer, Avery, Mountain Sun, and Asher will be pouring their beer at the event. Pouring starts at 2 pm. There will be some food provided by BeauJo's and McDevitt Taco Stand (Boulder local), and there will be a bluegrass band playing from 5 to 7.

There is of course no required charge for this event, but we are raising money through a suggested $30 donation, and all of the proceeds go to Trips for Kids, a non-profit organization that takes disadvantaged, at-risk kids on mountain bike trips to get them psyched on being outdoors, being on a bike, and life in general. Last year, we drew ~125 people and donated ~$2300. This year, we're hoping for ~200+ people and a $5000 donation. And the amazing part is that we just got a private sponsor who will match every dollar we raise, so we may get upwards of $10K to donate for a great cause: http://www.tripsforkids.org

If you are interested, please see the website for the fundraiser that has all of the details: http://proamcraftbeerfundraiser.wordpress.com You, of course, have to be 21 to attend and drink, IDs will be checked at the door.

Hope to see you there, let me know if you have any questions regarding the event.

Jeff

Coalesce Design and Fabrication shop
1930 Central Avenue
Boulder, CO 80301

Awesome, hope to see you there. Last year was a blast and this year should be even better.

Another bump for people that haven't seen this.

Ska Brewery has now also jumped on board. They will be pouring Euphoria and/or Modus Hoperandi.

Asher will have their Belgo Pale and Tree Hugger Amber

Avery will have Joe's Pilsner, White Rascal, Hog Heaven, and Summer's Day IPA (IPA spiked with tangerine peel)

homebrewer beers are listed on the website http://proamcraftbeerfundraiser.wordpress.com , and include:

Petit saison
Belgian blonde
American IPA
Imperial saison

Rye Saison
Hazelnut Latte Stout
92 Shilling

Rye IPA
IPA
Fresh Hop APA

dark ale ginger
Stone Ruination clone

Plus, more surprises...hope to see some of you guys there.

Jeff

Back