My latest score :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fezzman

Reaction score
brew1.jpg

As you can see, I already had the Okocim which was a mighty fine brew. :rockin: I've heard enough people rave about the SNCA so I had to pick some of those up as well. Iv'e not yet tried them though.

The whole purpose of my hour long trip to this store was to buy the Bokrijks. I love the ceramic bottle and can't wait to give it a go. They also have a porter in the same bottle but the clerk at the market recommended the golden ale...good enough for me. Anybody had this yet?

Not pictured is a bottle of Chimay Triple (white). I kind of forgot about it when I took the picture. I've not yet had Chimay so I'll eventually pick up one of each. Oh, is there a trick to reusing that kind of cork? Soak it before using it? I've just noticed in the past that the corks swell after removal.

Yay Beer! :mug:

Nice!

Were you the guy questioning the capping of the swing-top bottle?

I think I figured it out. They probaby found out that the swing-top doesn't seal quite as well as the cap, but they leave the swing-top on there so you don't have to drink the whole thing at once.

I bought the Allagash White yesterday on a whim, I've been listening to a lot of podcasts on wheat beers and hefeweizens and wits. The Allagash reminded me that I'm not really a big wit fan ;). Not bad, certainly drinkable, but nothing that I really want to make five gallons of.

Yup, that was me asking about the bottles. I've not had many belgin or wit beers...trying to expand my tastes. Getting ready to try the SNCA now. :D

Back