2011 San Diego NHC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are always hiring greeters at Wally-World.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), the nearest Wally-World is 50 miles away.

Maybe I can get a job mixing drinks at McDonald's?

You guys are convincing me that I need to go. San Diego would be beer nirvana. Like Seattle or Portland. But warmer and beachier. :D

Town & Country was actually remodeled a few years ago.

I've worked there several times. Conferences/Tradeshows/Expositions is my gig.

That's why I was asking who the general is. I'm gonna ask my DOS if he knows about it.

Also, the trolley goes from the T&C to about 100 yards from Balast Point/Hombrewmart.:mug:

Nope, that's held downtown at the Convention Center.

It's about 4 miles from downtown, not isolated in the slightest. Quite central actually, located on Hotel Circle where most of the hotels are in central San Diego.

Money! I can walk there from my place in Hillcrest!

Yes, that costs a bit but it's so worth it.

You guys are talking me into going...........I think I might have to save my pennies for next summer. Retirement means plenty of time, but little spare cash!

I'll put you up on our pullout couch Yoop, free of charge, just lots of cats and a dog :)

Okay, looks like the announcement is up for registration. It's early still, but how quickly does this thing fill up? Also, when booking rooms with the hotel, do you normally have to give them notification that you're there for the conference or is it just a free for all when it comes to rooms?

there are usually conference special rates and a block of rooms set aside.
AHA had a link last year on their website.

Can someone link me to hotel info? Maybe it's me, but 9 miles seems a long way to drive to get to this...

:p

doing the math right now to decide if I will be staying at host hotel or crashing at a friend's house.

I must say I had a great time last year in Minnesota and staying at the host hotel made the experience better.

and I do have pictures to prove it. <wink>

It was fun. i was down the hall from Yooper. She was nuts that woman.
I remember you drinking Belgians in my room till we ran out.
and the midget hookers....

wow.
;)

I can see why you left me out of the Belgian drinking, but I can't believe you didn't invite me for the midget hookers! Geez.

I'm still trying to work out how to go, but I don't think it'll be possible. I will miss all the fun this time.

DAMN IT!!!!! I just went out on American Airlines to book my flights and was luckily able to use my miles for the round trip... so I'm flyin' FO FREE

Only problem is they have me in some section of the plane called "First class"...

OHHH... hold it! That's good right??

(dancing in my office... doin' the cabbage patch)

Straaaaaight pimpin!

Oh... and for the Z1 I'm gonna rent for the five days I'm out there... should I go red or yellow?? Probably red huh?

I just booked my room at the Town and Country (the resort where the conference is being held) and it looks like the rooms that have been blocked off for the NHC have almost been sold out. (these are the rooms you are directed to if you click on the link through the NHC website). All that is out there right now are "standard" rooms with two beds.

That said, I went to the normal website of the resort and was able to book a room no problem. It didn't look like the discount for the blocked off rooms was very much at all.

Just Registered for the conference, Now I need to get my Brother on board. I'm hoping to host some thing at my house before the conference starts. I'll need to get back to brewing though.

I'm expecting my first born son in April so preparing for his arrival has been taking up a lot of my free time, and brewing has taken a back seat, but I hope to have several beers ready for the conference.

I'll keep you guys posted, I live about 4-5miles from where the conference is located, so it would be a cheep cab ride up the hill.

Just Registered for the conference, Now I need to get my Brother on board. I'm hoping to host some thing at my house before the conference starts. I'll need to get back to brewing though.

I'm expecting my first born son in April so preparing for his arrival has been taking up a lot of my free time, and brewing has taken a back seat, but I hope to have several beers ready for the conference.

I'll keep you guys posted, I live about 4-5miles from where the conference is located, so it would be a cheep cab ride up the hill.

I didn't know you guys were expecting! That's wonderful- congrats to you!

Tell your brother that he has to go- if he made it all the way to Minneapolis, he could certainly make it to San Diego and stay for free with you. And your wife. And your son. Well, he could also stay at the hotel. :D

I didn't know you guys were expecting! That's wonderful- congrats to you!

Tell your brother that he has to go- if he made it all the way to Minneapolis, he could certainly make it to San Diego and stay for free with you. And your wife. And your son. Well, he could also stay at the hotel. :D

Thanks, Bobby and Yooper.

JB is definitely going to make it even if I have to drive up to Northern California and pick him up. He and his wife had a Daughter a couple weeks ago, so It will be fun to have a crowded house for the conference. Two babies, two wifes and two brothers! Oh my.

I just booked my room at the Town and Country (the resort where the conference is being held) and it looks like the rooms that have been blocked off for the NHC have almost been sold out. (these are the rooms you are directed to if you click on the link through the NHC website). All that is out there right now are "standard" rooms with two beds.

That said, I went to the normal website of the resort and was able to book a room no problem. It didn't look like the discount for the blocked off rooms was very much at all.

I guess I have to go now. I live less than a mile from the Town and Country, easy stumbling distance.

Have booked my conference package and accomodation, so looking forward to a good few days. Also looking for a bit of pre conference drinking. When you guys are organised, can someone tell me where the drinking will be for the two days PRIOR to the conference?

So what package are you all getting? Does everyone get the full conference package?
Or just the Social one?

If I go, this will be my first NHC so I'm not really sure what to expect.

Back