Getting Ready to build my first rig.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFK

Reaction score
Now that my dead yeast issue is fixed (stupid water softner). long story anyhow I am preparing to build my first rig. I am very lost and confused all together. I have trolled through the DiY forums here and on a few other sites. I know i want to steal John Beere's system cuz it is amazing. but on a serious note i want to build a 3 tank single tier unit and i want it to be automated and electric. problem one. which one of the rigs is the best to start from ie has the least amount of problems. problem 2 I am electricly deficiant ie ill kill myself with a battery given enough time with it. I am however a good builder of things and resourceful. But i can say i do not know **** about circuit board wiring and how to encode a microchip. or program software. i want to build a sweet rig but also afordable. I know JB must have spent a small fortune on his. but that touch screen is godly. anyhow please advise this thread will become my new home base for everything involving this project. I acquired 3 15.5 gallon kegs today. I will be fitting them with non weld kits as i cant weld to save my life and I am poor atm being a tattoo artist in the winter sucks. Yes I do tattoos and I own my own shop in Farmington, MI (Evolve Body Art Studio) I will happily trade ink for work on my rig ;) <-- not beyond barter and trade. anyhow any help or suggestions would be great.

Search for: "brutus 10"

You can also look at the stickies in the DIY forum - and look through the "Show us your rig" thread for some awesome builds.

There's plenty of info here to read through, but it won't come all at once - you'll have to spend a few hours/days/weeks/months figuring it all out.

After a lot of looking around and thinking what I want out of a rig I decided to go with an Electric HERMS rig. It will definatly be challenging for me not knowing much about elctrical boarda and what not. Luckily between all the good people here at HBT and my father being an electritian i should be all set.. As long as i can find a way to get him to build it without knowingits for beer.. He hates drinking.

Good luck with the Build JFK!!! I'm doing an eHERMS build right now, using Brewtroller as my control unit. I'd be happy to help in any way I can!!

Back