Amazing Creativity in Dreams

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingBrianI

Reaction score
I just woke from a dream in which I was singing a song I have never heard before in real life. Complete with rhyming lyrics that made sense, backup vocals and music. When I woke up and started thinking about it, I was completely amazed at our brains ability to create stuff like this on the fly. I also remembered that this isn't the first time I've done this in a dream. If only our brains could function so unhindered while awake. Think of what we could do!

Thinking about dreams some more, I have a prediction. At some point in the future, scientists will figure out how to integrate electronics to neurons. When this technology advances enough to enable dreams to actually be recorded and that technology advances enough for the resulting recordings to actually be presentable to large audiences, a new niche in television (or whatever they have at the time) and movies that shows interesting peoples dreams. Think about it, there is the possibility for some of the most off-the-wall stuff, or scary stuff in these recordings. It will be a huge phenomenon.

I've often thought about harnessing that creative force and actually writing the music down.

It's my experience that logging your dreams every morning dramatically increases your dream recall ability over time. It's just a pain in the butt to force yourself out of bed long enough to write about your dreams before you forget them.

Let me ask you this. When you awoke could you remember the actual lyrics that rhymed or could your brain have just been left with the overall impression that they all rhymed? Like when you have someone in your dreams that you know, but it doesn't look like them, but you "just know" it was them? Anybody know what I'm getting at?

Let me ask you this. When you awoke could you remember the actual lyrics that rhymed or could your brain have just been left with the overall impression that they all rhymed? Like when you have someone in your dreams that you know, but it doesn't look like them, but you "just know" it was them? Anybody know what I'm getting at?

I actually realized that I was dreaming and that it was cool I was making up this song in the dream. The act of becoming self-aware caused me to wake up though, like it always does. I wish I could lucid dream but every time I realize I'm dreaming I wake up. Anyway, it was during the dream that I realized that making this song up on the fly was pretty incredible so I'm pretty sure the lyrics actually rhymed, and didn't just give the impression of rhyming. Having said that, I couldn't remember the lyrics when I woke up though I did remember the tune of the chorus for a few minutes before forgetting it too. I've actually been able to remember large portions of the tune from previous dreams for a few minutes after waking up, but have never tried recording it while I still remember. I do remember thinking that they would be hits though! It's like in the morning when I remember that I had an awesome idea in my sleep the previous night that I knew could make millions. Only I didn't write it down in the brief time I was awake after the dream and don't have any idea what it was the next morning!

I got shot in the brain in my dreams a few nights back. I could see the white hot flash and actually felt the bullet penetrate my brain and a ringing in my ears. It was horrible.

I actually realized that I was dreaming and that it was cool I was making up this song in the dream. The act of becoming self-aware caused me to wake up though, like it always does. I wish I could lucid dream but every time I realize I'm dreaming I wake up. Anyway, it was during the dream that I realized that making this song up on the fly was pretty incredible so I'm pretty sure the lyrics actually rhymed, and didn't just give the impression of rhyming. Having said that, I couldn't remember the lyrics when I woke up though I did remember the tune of the chorus for a few minutes before forgetting it too. I've actually been able to remember large portions of the tune from previous dreams for a few minutes after waking up, but have never tried recording it while I still remember. I do remember thinking that they would be hits though! It's like in the morning when I remember that I had an awesome idea in my sleep the previous night that I knew could make millions. Only I didn't write it down in the brief time I was awake after the dream and don't have any idea what it was the next morning!

I find this very interesting. I have a long history of sleep disorders but when I was around 12-14 years old I was able to dream lucidly. Completely... AMAZING. I was aware, able to stay in control, and do whatever I wanted. Fly, harness weapons, gets da laydees, everything that a pre-teen boy would ever desire. Sadly I lost the ability within a year.

Back